• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fake / Counterfeit DaYan Zhanchi from Amazon?

bornlambo

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently ordered a new Dayan Zhanchi from Amazon after misplacing my other 55mm one at school. It came in today and I immediately noticed a difference. The sound and feel was completely different (much scratchier than my original one). When I opened it up, I realized there were no torpedoes as the bottom of the edge piece was a smooth curve. I was confused as to whether this was really a Zhanchi (because I'm stupid and have little actual cube knowledge) or if it's not a Zhanchi and they sent me the wrong one?

Thanks for helping me out!

brian724080

I recently ordered a new Dayan Zhanchi from Amazon after misplacing my other 55mm one at school. It came in today and I immediately noticed a difference. The sound and feel was completely different (much scratchier than my original one). When I opened it up, I realized there were no torpedoes as the bottom of the edge piece was a smooth curve. I was confused as to whether this was really a Zhanchi (because I'm stupid and have little actual cube knowledge) or if it's not a Zhanchi and they sent me the wrong one?

Thanks for helping me out!

You should upload pictures of your cube so we can help you. Buying cubes from Amazon is a horrible choice in the first choice, although many of the online Chinese stores look fishy, they're quite reliable. In your case, you can just buy from stores like the Cubicle or likewise. Chances are, amazon sent you the wrong cube, or a defected cube.

bornlambo

YouTube
Visit Channel
You should upload pictures of your cube so we can help you. Buying cubes from Amazon is a horrible choice in the first choice, although many of the online Chinese stores look fishy, they're quite reliable. In your case, you can just buy from stores like the Cubicle or likewise. Chances are, amazon sent you the wrong cube, or a defected cube.
Should I have uploaded a picture of an edge piece?

Rise

photo.jpg

I also recently ordered a new Dayan Zhanchi V from Amazon but don't have torpedos either. The edges and corners have no neck... Is this not a legit Zhanchi?

Cody

I'm pretty sure thats a yj chi long that is a very good cube tho but definitely not a dayan, dayans are very rounded everywhere that is very blocky.

Pariah Zero

Counterfeit Puzzle?

I've decided to start solving the 3x3 again, and after some research, decided to get a sticker less DaYan Zhanchi (not a kit). I ordered mine from Amazon.

When it arrived, I disassembled it, and found that what I was looking at was not at all like any of the pictures/reviews/videos I've seen for the Zhanchi:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

So, is this a counterfeit cube, or has the manufacturer changed the design recently?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Genesis

I've decided to start solving the 3x3 again, and after some research, decided to get a sticker less DaYan Zhanchi (not a kit). I ordered mine from Amazon.

When it arrived, I disassembled it, and found that what I was looking at was not at all like any of the pictures/reviews/videos I've seen for the Zhanchi:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

So, is this a counterfeit cube, or has the manufacturer changed the design recently?

Thanks.
If they changed the design, I see no reason to not advertise it as a new cube and quietly replace it for an older design
Probably the seller advertised it as something it wasn't

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Seriously folks, if people sell you a branded product on Amazon and don't provide said branded product, they are committing fraud.

You should do at least one of the following:

1) demand a refund

2) report the store to Amazon. They aren't keen on being an accessory to fraud, and will suspend the storeholder.

3) report them to Trading Standards, or your country's equivalent. They are committing a criminal offence.

Or you could do nothing, allow them to keep your money, and leave them free to scam others in future. Your choice!

Logical101

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Thanks.

that cube and the other guys cubes are MoYu/yj YuLongs

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've just bought my niece a stickerless zhanchi from Amazon. It felt different to my own black zhanchi but I really liked the feel. I'll be taking it apart when I get home to check it.