• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fake / Counterfeit DaYan Zhanchi from Amazon?

brian724080

No, Amazon is good. Amazon SELLERS are bad. Amazon would be very interested to hear that people on the Amazon marketplace are fraudulently selling cheaper cubes in place of premium cubes.

See my previous post re: reporting fraudsters to Amazon.

Oops, sorry about that, what you said was what I was trying to convey

DAoliHVAR

wow this is a freaking scam
don't get me wrong,you can still use that cube cause the new yj cubes are awesome(with the sulong being my main)
but thats just a cheap ass way to get some small profit
just start buying from cube stores folks!!!

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nope. And nope, Amazon is bad

at the same time, Amazon is my favorite store. the only puzzle that they have gotten wrong was the zanchi (I got a panchi). other than the main speed cube every other product ranging in size has been amazing. some are cheaper than you can get online and some are more expensive. Just depends, but don't just call the bad because of a few stupid sellers who you can get refunds. ( I got a Rubik's snake that broke in the first 5 minutes and got a refund).

The majority of my collection comes from amazon and it is overall a great place to buys some cubes.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've seen actually quite a few cases now of people trying to pass off a Yulong as a Zhanchi on Amazon, which is those stickerless ones. The OP had something different though, with the black edge piece, I suspect a Sheenshou 3x3 v1. Both are significantly cheaper than the Zhanchi, although the Yulong is certainly quite a nice cube. The Shengshou (or whatever it is) is not quite close to the Zhanchi. Either way you should report the seller and ask for refund.

RubiksJake12

Neither of those are Zhanchis. However, I have ordered from Amazon and had no problems before. Multiple times. You should probably check who is actually providing the cube. Amazon is the middleman.

Soren333

It depends on whether the seller is reliable or not.

I've gotten both my zhanchi and guhong from amazon and they were fine.

I think what helps is to select your products that are dispatched by amazon themselves. It means that amazon are the ones that are actually handling your products and packaging it rather than the seller.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
It depends on whether the seller is reliable or not.

I've gotten both my zhanchi and guhong from amazon and they were fine.

I think what helps is to select your products that are dispatched by amazon themselves. It means that amazon are the ones that are actually handling your products and packaging it rather than the seller.

You seem to misunderstand how Amazon works. Amazon handle and package the vast majority of products sold through the Amazon marketplace, regardless of the reputation of the seller.

The seller sends all of their stock to Amazon's fulfilment centres, and Amazon allows them to use their site as a retail environment. The seller benefits because they don't have to pay for warehouses; Amazon benefit because they can charge for delivery, and guarantee delivery times, etc. because it all comes from one of their hubs. That's why everything you purchase on Amazon arrives in an Amazon box. Some overseas vendors (such as Lightake) sell on the Amazon marketplace in addition to their own storefronts because of the added exposure it gives. They fulfil their own orders.

Amazon themselves don't sell very much - Kindles, Chromebooks, etc.. Pretty much everything else is sold by third parties.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the only way we can stop this is by reporting the fraudulent sellers. These guys are going to great lengths - packaging YJ/Cyclone cubes in Dayan boxes, and applying the Dayan transfers, in order to sell a cube for a few extra dollars, and make a tiny bit of extra profit. They are capitalising on the Dayan name, so both Amazon and Dayan are well within their rights to prosecute. Which they should.

In the meantime, if you buy a Dayan cube on Amazon and what arrives isn't a Dayan cube, report them to Amazon and leave a scathing review! :)

Jont828

Yeah, you got a different cube. Chances are fake/scam products come from 3rd party sellers that aren't affiliated with Amazon. I would only buy from sellers that are "Fulfilled by Amazon." That means that your order will be stored, packaged, and shipped by Amazon. Also, you're guaranteed that the shipping time will be around the window of the shipping option you chose (as in days to ship/process). If you got a defective product or something went wrong, you can go to Amazon's Customer Support for help since they affiliated themselves with the seller. Here's a pic about what I'm talking about.

MjSIkwt.png

The red text that says "unreliable" means that the seller isn't affiliated with Amazon in any way and that Amazon can't really help you if something goes wrong.

Attachments

• Amazon Fufillment Final.jpg
    Amazon Fufillment Final.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently ordered a new Dayan Zhanchi from Amazon after misplacing my other 55mm one at school. It came in today and I immediately noticed a difference. The sound and feel was completely different (much scratchier than my original one). When I opened it up, I realized there were no torpedoes as the bottom of the edge piece was a smooth curve. I was confused as to whether this was really a Zhanchi (because I'm stupid and have little actual cube knowledge) or if it's not a Zhanchi and they sent me the wrong one?

Thanks for helping me out![/QUOTE
Post a photo

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently ordered a new Dayan Zhanchi from Amazon after misplacing my other 55mm one at school. It came in today and I immediately noticed a difference. The sound and feel was completely different (much scratchier than my original one). When I opened it up, I realized there were no torpedoes as the bottom of the edge piece was a smooth curve. I was confused as to whether this was really a Zhanchi (because I'm stupid and have little actual cube knowledge) or if it's not a Zhanchi and they sent me the wrong one?

Thanks for helping me out![/QUOTE
Post a photo

Just compare it to the one I sent you...