• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

F2L: 2 looks per pair

Phantom777

WCA
2015BELT03
When I was a new cuber, I thought that F2L was very difficult. There were 42 algs to learn. That's a lot of algs for a beginner. In february of this year, I began the F2L, but learned only 8 algs. With 8 algs, I could do every F2L case.

If you have the edge and separate corner , you can join and see if it will always be a case in which the corner and edge binding , but joined in a wrong way , and sometimes bind well . This system reduces the F2L from 42 to 8 cases.

I am sub-30 with that method. And I prefer the algs.

Last edited:

RomFrta33

You shouldn't do that, just learn the 3 basic F2L case and try to find good solutions for every case by your own. Very often if two pieces are connected you'll need to separate them!

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
eww! when I read the title, I thought you had come up with a way to solve all of F2L in 2 looks by some insane recognition method...dont set up cases to algs. the point of learning a couple of f2l algs is to get the basic idea of how to solve pairs efficiently so you can figure out the rest of them intuitively.

xchippy

when I was starting out, I never learned any algorithms. I watched someone on YouTube give examples of stuff very slowly so I could learn intuitively. I think that intuitive f2l is much better than algorithmic.

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
eww! when I read the title, I thought you had come up with a way to solve all of F2L in 2 looks by some insane recognition method...dont set up cases to algs. the point of learning a couple of f2l algs is to get the basic idea of how to solve pairs efficiently so you can figure out the rest of them intuitively.

LOL, I thought the exact same thing.

Anyway dude, just watch some tutorials on intuitive F2L and learn from that, you shouldn't find it too hard. You shouldn't be learning algorithms anyway if you don't have a basic understanding of how F2L pairing works.