• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ECE - New 3x3 Solving Method

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, so for the Corner permutation of both layers PEBL (similar naming scheme to CxLL, Permute both layers with regards to the E-slice) ACube spit out some good algorithms.
T=adjacent swap in front(headlights/bar on back)
Y=Diagonal swap(cannot find headlights, works on any AUF)

T+T= same as Square-1 algorithm (See lars vandenbergh's cubezone for that)
T+Y= L U2 F' L' D2 L F U2 L'
Y+Y=R2 U2 F2 U2 F2 U2 R2

Cool Frog

If the theoretical best time for this method is 9 seconds, how is it "the future?" That wouldn't place you top 100. How did you come up with those figures (move counts, avg time per step, avg time per method)?

Also, 47 STM isn't more efficient than Roux if you look at what the best Roux users are doing in speedsolves.

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
If the theoretical best time for this method is 9 seconds, how is it "the future?" That wouldn't place you top 100. How did you come up with those figures (move counts, avg time per step, avg time per method)?

Also, 47 STM isn't more efficient than Roux if you look at what the best Roux users are doing in speedsolves.
CFOP's estimated time by this route is around 8 seconds. its just because of good lookahead and high TPS that sub8 is possible.

Teoidus

I'm not sure we can say, but it'd be cool to see people learn this method in an attempt to demonstrate it's potential

Cool Frog

CFOP's estimated time by this route is around 8 seconds.

Again:
How did you come up with those figures (move counts, avg time per step, avg time per method)?

What is the "route?"

its just because of good lookahead and high TPS that sub8 is possible.

Is good lookahead & high TPS not possible with this method? Why wouldn't the possibility for these things be included in the so-called route to determine the "theoretical time?"

Hammer

Hey I am learning this method but I was wondering if the people who are very good at this method solve the 3 e slice edges and D layer corner orientation at the same time, or first solve the 3 edges and then do corner orientation?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey I am learning this method but I was wondering if the people who are very good at this method solve the 3 e slice edges and D layer corner orientation at the same time, or first solve the 3 edges and then do corner orientation?
I personally try to use this though admittedly I could be a lot better at this method.

Poketube6681

WCA
2017FRAS01
Could you make a YouTube video explaining how this method works? I understand the concept but it's hard to wrap my head around the steps as (no offense) they aren't explained in a way that makes sense to me. However, I am very interested in learning this method. It seems very very cool :)

crafto22

WCA
2014ADAM03
Could you make a YouTube video explaining how this method works? I understand the concept but it's hard to wrap my head around the steps as (no offense) they aren't explained in a way that makes sense to me. However, I am very interested in learning this method. It seems very very cool :)
Of course, that's absolutely no problem, however if I do make a tutorial it most likely won't be for ECE as I don't believe it is the most advanced version of this method. I will most likely make a tutorial for SSC, with the consent of shadowslice of course. Should be coming in the near future, however I'm on vacation right now so I won't be able to record anything for at least a week.

Poketube6681

WCA
2017FRAS01
Of course, that's absolutely no problem, however if I do make a tutorial it most likely won't be for ECE as I don't believe it is the most advanced version of this method. I will most likely make a tutorial for SSC, with the consent of shadowslice of course. Should be coming in the near future, however I'm on vacation right now so I won't be able to record anything for at least a week.
No problem. What channel would it be uploaded to?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
I give my consent :p

crafto22

WCA
2014ADAM03
Okay perfect so in a week or so I should have a tutorial up on my channel, which is simply my name (Julien Adam). Just look it up on YouTube, some cubing videos might come up. Otherwise I'll post a link here as soon as it's uploaded.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Silky

So I've been checking out ECE for the Uncommon Method comp and noticed the similarities between ECE corners and the Guimond Method for 2x2.
From my understanding:

ECE => (1) Oriented 3 corners on D of opposite colours + place 3 E slice edges (2) Pair final E slice edge with a corner and preform WV orienting all corners (3) Separate corners to respective layers and permute.

Guimond => (1) Orient 3 corners on D of opposite colours (2) OL5C aka Guimond orientation (3) Separate corners to respective layers and permute.

It says on the wiki for the advanced variant to solve all of E slice/orient 3 D layer corners and then preform OL5C. Was wondering, similar to Guimond, if you could use a HD-G like extension forcing V cases then separating and permuting remaining corners, simultaneously.