• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Do you have bad solving days? How do you deal with bad times?

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I usually have bad times because I'm pressuring myself, I'm really tired or on too much caffein haha.
I usually take a short break and calm myself down if pressure is the issue. If i doesn't get better, i stop for that day.

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
I usually have bad times because I'm pressuring myself, I'm really tired or on too much caffein haha.
I usually take a short break and calm myself down if pressure is the issue. If i doesn't get better, i stop for that day.

Really! I perform a lot better with a caffeine load. Although it might just be that I generally only cube for a long period and get properly warmed up when I've had a coffee or two during the session.

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really! I perform a lot better with a caffeine load. Although it might just be that I generally only cube for a long period and get properly warmed up when I've had a coffee or two during the session.

It may just be a placebo effect. It only happens when I had like 3 or 4 though. Add red bull to that and I'm almost shaking haha.

StarOfDoom

It is so wierd... I avg around 27... but yesterday somehow managed to get a 13.8... then went back to my 26-27 second solves... I thought that record was going to stand for at least months, then today, one of the first timed solves of the day, I get a 12.8... I don't even know how... then went straight back... I get random lucky solves, and neither of those solves had a skip...

Speedysolver

YouTube
Visit Channel
Bad days???

I have a question which is really important for me .Have you also something like this:Some times if i had taken a break without cubing for 2-3 days ,or even without break i have days were i really cant solve fast i am a 12 seconds avarge solver with 4look last layer but sometime, not often i have days were i cant solve faster even than 18 second why is this so??? Had u gyes something like this?
Yesterday i avaraged 12.96 of 12 solves today 18.34.:(:( and actually those days are seldom but today it is my bad day.

Speedysolver

YouTube
Visit Channel
You cannot deduce how fast you are with just an Ao12 and you lost me when saying you average 12s with 4LLL.

i avarage 12 seconds every da and yes with 4looklast layer cross and f2l takes me 7-8 seconds and the rest is last layer but i have sometimes bad das not often but i have them and i want to know if its normal???

Speedysolver

YouTube
Visit Channel
Also i have to sa that i know the half of the Oll algorithms but i cant excute them fast because i hadnt drill them i have to use muscle memory also i will tr to learn this week all plls but thats not the point.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i avarage 12 seconds every da and yes with 4looklast layer cross and f2l takes me 7-8 seconds and the rest is last layer but i have sometimes bad das not often but i have them and i want to know if its normal???

That's a ridiculously fast last layer for 4LLL, so I'm disinclined to believe you.

source: I avg 12

Speedysolver

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's a ridiculously fast last layer for 4LLL, so I'm disinclined to believe you.

source: I avg 12

is 5 seconds fast for 4look last layer? i use know actually 4-5 plls but not all 21 algoritms i will learn them this week i really do the last layer in 5-6 with out fll oll and pll please believe me

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
is 5 seconds fast for 4look last layer? i use know actually 4-5 plls but not all 21 algoritms i will learn them this week i really do the last layer in 5-6 with out fll oll and pll please believe me

I avg about 5 on LL, and I know full PLL and 46 OLLs. Either you have amazing TPS and recog, or you're being a nub.