• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Why am I so bad at comps and timed solves?

I average 20 on cstimer but when I just solve on my bed I think I do it in about 10 seconds. At comps I get 30 and 40 second solves and when I solve for public crowds I end up taking a while minute or more. I tell people I average around 20 but everytime I solve for someone I take forever and I look like a liar. How can I get better when solving for crowds? I think the fact that I hate being around people contributes to it though.

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Being nervous is a big factor in how quickly you solve the cube, some people have really bad nerves and are multiple seconds behind what they average normally, but other people are minimally effected, like me, thankfully. I think that doing a lot of solves around people can help to ease your nerves a little bit, but I think it will just take time to be comfortable solving around people.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average 20 on cstimer but when I just solve on my bed I think I do it in about 10 seconds. At comps I get 30 and 40 second solves and when I solve for public crowds I end up taking a while minute or more. I tell people I average around 20 but everytime I solve for someone I take forever and I look like a liar. How can I get better when solving for crowds? I think the fact that I hate being around people contributes to it though.
Record videos of yourself solving the cube. Also, have some sort of sound in the background that simulates a public audience.