• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dark Timer for Android

modakshantanu

WCA
2014MODA01
Dark Timer

Hi. I decided to make a timer.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shantanu.cubetimer
Screenshot_2016-01-30-06-58-52.png
screenshot_wear.png
Source Code
Key Features-

Android Wear app - Now you can cube while standing on your commute or in a queue.

It uses a circular progress bar to compare your timing with your average. This is the main reason I made the app since no other app had this feature.

Simple and clean user interface

Android wear app features-
Dark theme saves battery on OLED screens.
Shows previous solve, Avg5 and Avg12
Long press to reveal options.

Other features-
Avg5,Avg12,Mean
Long press or tap to start
Random state scrambles(Generated using the tnoodle android library. This made my job a lot easier.)
All WCA events supported
Sessions
Penalties

Coming Soon-
Inspection
Edit times

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-08-16-25-31[1].png
    Screenshot_2015-11-08-16-25-31[1].png
    145.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

modakshantanu

WCA
2014MODA01
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into adding random state scramblers but I'm new to app development so it may take a while to figure this stuff out.

Abo

Looks interesting, especially with the circle thing, i am on iOS, any chance of it coming to that app store. Is the circle distracting in any way? i feel like it would be.

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks interesting, especially with the circle thing, i am on iOS, any chance of it coming to that app store. Is the circle distracting in any way? i feel like it would be.
As long as you're not looking at the timer during solves (which you shouldn't be doing) it's fine.

modakshantanu

WCA
2014MODA01
Update 1.4 - Android wear app

Added Android wear app
Now you can time your solve without needing to sit down and take out your phone.

Features-
Dark theme saves battery on OLED screens.
Shows previous solve, Avg5 and Avg12 ( See main post for screenshots )
Long press to reveal options.

Note-
The times do not sync with the phone app. This is because the app is meant for casual solves and I don't suspect that many people will do long sessions on it. On the plus side, you can use your usual timer on phone alongside with this without missing nay features.

The app enters ambient mode(low power mode) if your solve is longer than 30 seconds. If you tap the screen from ambient mode, the app exits ambient mode the timer immediately stops. However, the app has no way of knowing if the app exited ambient mode due to a tap or a wrist gesture. So, if during a solve you trigger the wrist detection, the timer will stop. However, this has never happened once during testing. Results may vary depending on you watch( I have a Zenwatch 2)