• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubesolving not just for hobby

Arunabh

I want to ask you all that what do you do with all of your talent at cubesolving? I mean do you solve just as a hobby or anything else? I am asking because I want to take my cubesolving ability to somewhere more than hobby.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I want to ask you all that what do you do with all of your talent at cubesolving? I mean do you solve just as a hobby or anything else? I am asking because I want to take my cubesolving ability to somewhere more than hobby.
Become a teacher - encourage people to learn how to solve, go to competition and compete, become an entertainer at parties, build a resource website or Youtube. But I'd encourage doing things for intrinsic value rather than extrinsic. Studies show doing things intrinsically make you feel better rather than doing them for some external or significance from others. Good luck!

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I use cubing as far more than just a hobby, I currently make a living off of hosting cubing workshops, attending math conference and using the cube to teach group theory, give lectures about the cube, and I use it in performance. There is far more than just competing or getting fast at cubing. It's just a matter of finding what interested you and what you enjoy. If you want to try some form of teaching of the cube I'd recommend perhaps reaching out to your local library and ask if you could have a workshop on the cube.

Last edited:

Iwannaganx

There are definitely ways of taking cubing further, I think the most common is running a cube store, which is what I'm starting to do. I'm still at school so I don't have to worry about making a living yet but it definitely seems possible.
Same here. Only in year 7 but I would love to earn a living in the cubing industry, I think it would be amazing.
Although this time last year it was all about soccer so idk anymore.