• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Rotation or AUF before PLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackdexter75

YouTube
Visit Channel
I always recognize the case even without rotating the U face to line up the case. but I hardly ever rotate the whole cube. I usually sovle the whole thing with out cube rotations. It's good practice. But sometimes I forget like when I'm in a heated battle with a friend and I'm in a rush. XP

rubiknewbie

I am inconsistent depending on mood. Sometimes I U2 PLL U2, sometimes I rotate the cube PLL, if I feel confident I may do T perm left hand.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about these details cos I have way bigger problems, mostly the F2L.

oprah62

WCA
2010PEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anybody got that T perm on right algs(that isn;t the left handed mirror)? Couldn't find it on the wiki.
Thanks, it would save me a U2 then another U2.

EDIT: Nevermind found one. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zbox95

PLL execution

Just a quick question: When you are done with OLL, how do you do? What I mean by that, is if you misalign the top layer so that you can perform the PLL algorithm and the align the top layer, thus solving the cube.
Or, do you align the PLL and then rotate and perform the algorithm? Peronally, I use the first trick described. If you do it any other way, feel free to describe that.

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just a quick question: When you are done with OLL, how do you do? What I mean by that, is if you misalign the top layer so that you can perform the PLL algorithm and the align the top layer, thus solving the cube.
Or, do you align the PLL and then rotate and perform the algorithm? Peronally, I use the first trick described. If you do it any other way, feel free to describe that.

Why bumping an one and a half year old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.