• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Wide d turns vs. cube rotation

jdh3000

I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere.

I can solve fairly quickly utilizing wide d turns, I average a round 30 seconds(I know it's not fast to most of you, that's wht I'm here.
Some of the guys on YouTube say d turns are much slower than a half rotation. I find it so much quiker if I can d turn and in the same move slot it. Should I really forget d turns?

I'm working on getting sub 20 and probably do sometimes because everything seems really fast when I'm zoned in.
I just don't do as well when timing myself, that's why safely say around 30.
My main is a GAN 354M. I actually cut ten seconds off by getting that cube.

I use the full CFOP and know the algs well. F2L is my main concern.

I try to pickup and utilize anything that will help.
Your advice will be appreciated.

jdh3000

Thank you... Sometimes they seem so fluid and less awkward that some f turns, though I do use f turns a lot, just getting more uses to the thumb.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Thank you... Sometimes they seem so fluid and less awkward that some f turns, though I do use f turns a lot, just getting more uses to the thumb.
In addition to that, I would also try to get good at rotations because it just increases your repetoire of possibilities. That said, I use roux, so it doesn’t really matter to me!

jdh3000

In addition to that, I would also try to get good at rotations because it just increases your repetoire of possibilities. That said, I use roux, so it doesn’t really matter to me!
Thank you, yes I uses to do rotations, but got away from them because it almost seemed tabboo to use them, so I got better at back slotting which helped. Then using d moves to take care of the rest.
I need to work some back in.