• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Coronavirus With Cubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravagerous

People are freaking out that there are 80,000-100,000 people it the US that have corona, and that there's a death rate of 1%, but just think about the fact that the population of the US is 327.2 million. That means 0.03% of Americans have the corona virus, and 0.000519559902200489% of Americans have died from the Corona. That's lower than the Flu, yet there isn't a thread every year about Flu killing us.

It won't be long until the coronavirus gives you the numbers you want. You just wait.

I'm A Cuber

Lol we are just a bunch of people who think we know what we are talking about but actually don’t. Listen to the WHO and your country’s government. Watch less news. 15 cubers aren’t going to change anything. Stay safe y’all

NacksSnack

Stay in your homes and watch for updates. Lots of things to do while in lockdown. Cubing, cubing, eating, sleeping. Rinse repeat.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am going to enjoy this lockdown by going outside and visiting friends, as well as going to a new home bible study(Christian) created in the midst of this disease :)
Visiting Friends? In my state (New York) and the other states in the tri-state area cannot be with friends. You are only allowed out of your house for something essential, or a run/bike ride etc. You need to wear a mask too.

Timoth3

I think the coronavirus really isn't as bad as people are making it sound. only 4384 people in the US have been tested. The extremely high 5% death rate is just because the only people who have been tested so far in the US are people who are very sick. I am still going to be cautious to avoid getting it, but I don't think it is something to get scared about.
Umm... 4 million in the US have been tested? Sources: https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-tests-us-total-daily-counts-over-time-2020-4?amp
https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/610132/
I don’t know if you just didn’t proofread your comment but yeah, as long as you do what the cdc says their is nothing to worry about.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I'd like to formally state that I don't give **** about corona, even if I do get it(assuming I haven't already) I'll at worst have flu-like symptoms for a few days, and at best I won't have any symptoms at all. I have a decent immune system, I'm fine.

Soooo, by not locking down?

Yup. The quarantine is going to be lifted soon anyway where I am. Plus there's the whole herd immunity theory that scientists have come up with, although I'd do the same if that didn't exist

Visiting Friends?

Yes.

In my state (New York) and the other states in the tri-state area cannot be with friends.

That sucks, Florida is lifting the quarantine order soon, and anyone not in a big city didn't care about it anyway

You need to wear a mask too.

lol, the way people are handling them, it's just making corona spread more.

It won't be long until the coronavirus gives you the numbers you want. You just wait.

Oh, I am. And so far the death/day is about the same(maybe a little higher, but that's just natural variance) as it was before corona. Take this situation:

I am 95 years old with heart disease. I have a cardiac arrest and, sadly, the doctors aren't able to save me and I die. Then I get tested later and it turns out that apparently I had coronavirus. On the report, the death cause is now Coronavirus, one tick is added to the death toll, and my heart attack is merely a contributing cause.

That's how the numbers got so high. If that same thing occurs, except it turns out that person had the flu, would flu be the death cause? No! It would be a contributing cause, with the main cause being cardiac arrest

brododragon

You need to wear a mask too.
lol, the way people are handling them, it's just making corona spread more.
WHO has said two things that completely invalidate the use of masks:
1. People aren't wearing the right type of mask. The masks people wear have big enough pores that COVID-19 can get through.
2. The practices that people use with masks makes them completely useless anyway.
home bible study(Christian) created in the midst of this disease
Cool! were doing a similar thing.

Etotheipi

I'm saying people are overreacting and making it a much larger problem then it should be
Hmmm yes, 100 thousand people dying with potentially millions more deaths to come is totally not worthy of our attention. I just also think that it is extremely selfish and disrespect full to break quarantine just cause you think corona won't affect you. Sure, it probably won't kill you, but you could give it to your friends and your parents who give it to their parents, until it spreads to the vulnerable who could very well die, and may not have if you weren't stupid and broke quarantine.

brododragon

Hmmm yes, 100 thousand people dying with potentially millions more deaths to come is totally not worthy of our attention. I just also think that it is extremely selfish and disrespect full to break quarantine just cause you think corona won't affect you. Sure, it probably won't kill you, but you could give it to your friends and your parents who give it to their parents, until it spreads to the vulnerable who could very well die, and may not have if you weren't stupid and broke quarantine.
When did he say he would break the quarantine?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
When did he say he would break the quarantine?

"by going outside and visiting friends, as well as going to a new home bible study(Christian)"

That pretty much breaks all the rules, plus I wasn't wearing a mask or anything like that

Hmmm yes, 100 thousand people dying with potentially millions more deaths to come is totally not worthy of our attention.

I'll make sure to send people freaking out about the flu and every disease in existence because it's killed a bunch of people even though most people are completely fine your way, you'd get along great

I just also think that it is extremely selfish and disrespect full to break quarantine just cause you think corona won't affect you.

Quarantine isn't a law or anything where I am, just a very strong recommendation. And even if corona does affect me and I actually get symptoms, I'll just be sick for a few days

Sure, it probably won't kill you, but you could give it to your friends and your parents who give it to their parents

So we should go in quarantine during flu season? I might have the flu without realizing it and if I visit my grandparents they might get sick, and if I leave the house I could contaminate a bunch of people, just like corona.

until it spreads to the vulnerable who could very well die

Those vulnerable to corona are vulnerable to every other sickness. Those that are vulnerable are the people with low immune systems, and those with low immune systems are just as vulnerable to all sicknesses, so you're basically saying we should all go on lockdown and isolation whenever a disease comes up.

and may not have if you weren't stupid and broke quarantine.

Whether or not I'm stupid for leaving my house is completely subjective, but besides that, you're again implying that we should always go into quarantine whenever a new sickness arises

Please do your research before believing the press, they'll spin anything any way they can to sell copies. Take this specific example:

Headline: "Coronavirus Victims Being Buried on Hart Island"
Summary: Trenches are being dug on Hart Island, New York for unclaimed Coronavirus victims

This article implies that the death toll is so high that they have to go Nazi-style and throw the unclaimed victims into trenches. In reality, Heart Island has always been used to bury unclaimed corpses, and the bodies are buried one by one. From the wiki article on Heart Island:

The dead are buried in trenches. Babies are placed in coffins, which are stacked in groups of 100, measuring five coffins deep and usually in twenty rows. Adults are placed in larger pine boxes placed according to size, and are stacked in sections of 150, measuring three coffins deep in two rows. There are seven sizes of coffins, which range from 1 to 7 feet (0.30 to 2.13 m) long. Each box is labeled with an identification number, the person's age, ethnicity, and the place where the body was found, if applicable.

tl;dr of that quote: Trenches are dug and the bodies are placed in coffins then buried

Notice something? Like, maybe, that it's a public cemetery used for dead, unclaimed bodies, and not just corona victims?

This is just one example, but if you don't believe me, ask your parents if news stations strictly broadcast the truth or if they will spin the story in a way to get more viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.