• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Community Feedback: how can the site improve?

brododragon

When I try to upload a photo with a very small size on my iPhone, it just doesn't upload. Doesn't even try. For example, I can't upload a zoomed in screen shot, but can upload a compressed version of a picture of a cube.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Better UI? Discourse's forum software has a much better forum UI and it has moderators, roles and rewards, has emoji too.

Uprading the UI isn't that simple. This forum is made through XenForo, and they use their template. Unless I'm very much mistaken, the forum would have to be completely transferred to another template site in order for the UI to drastically change, which would be a massive overhaul. There are also staff

Also, :);):(:mad::confused: :?:cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O - Emoji

brododragon

So... Off-Topic is dead again. What if something was implemented that gives users am easier way to view off-topic? I think there should be a separate section in the menu for off-topic so that it could be easily noticed but not overpowering.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So... Off-Topic is dead again. What if something was implemented that gives users am easier way to view off-topic? I think there should be a separate section in the menu for off-topic so that it could be easily noticed but not overpowering.
I feel like off topic threads get no attention anymore, and I would like to use them more, but I find them hard to get to.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
1. PM PJK, he should be able to help.
2. Get the premium membership and support speedsolving.com
3. Make an alt account and leave this one
You can change your username, but to prevent everyone from wanting to change it, we require a premium membership to make this change.

Creating a new alt account isn't allowed. Each user can only have 1 account.

brododragon

I feel like off topic threads get no attention anymore, and I would like to use them more, but I find them hard to get to.
I totally agree. I think adding that menu bar would get more people to click on it if there was a "new messages” counter like for the discord.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
You should be able to react to other people's reactions. (It'd be really pointless but it could be funny. Also probably hard to code.)

I've actually thought the same thing, like someone will laugh at a post and I'll be like "that was kind of a jerk move" and want to give a roll eyes or something to that reaction lol

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What do you all think about adding a list of people who offer coaching services? (In the resources tab maybe). I know of a lot of people who are offering their services now, and you can get coaching on almost every WCA event. It would be great to be able to see them all in one place.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
What do you all think about adding a list of people who offer coaching services? (In the resources tab maybe). I know of a lot of people who are offering their services now, and you can get coaching on almost every WCA event. It would be great to be able to see them all in one place.

Yeah, and add Cubicle Academy