• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Check your "ranking" while practicing

xtom

[RankingTimer] check your "ranking" while practicing

RankingTimer is an online cubing timer based on the latest competition data from WCA:

Special points:
1. supports almost all kinds of scrambles in wca competition;
2. each scramble is selected from a real competition randomly;
3. you can see your ranking immediately while practicing, supports World ranking/Continental ranking/National ranking, you can also add the gender filter.

If you are tired of ordinary online timer, try this.

Last edited:

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1) i imagine we'll be running out of scrambles pretty quickly
2) this ranking thing is pretty interesting. have you found a way to get your timer to update automatically as the wca updates? a suggestion i have is to eventually be able to check out your national ranking.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
mp4G1zL.png

Some suggestions:
  • Round off to 2 decimal places...
  • "You are here" instead of "Your are here"
  • Use the word "Mean" instead of "Average", because average in cubing usually means the best and worst times are excluded.
  • Show which WCA database export was used... e.g. WCA_export718_20150422, and the disclaimer bits from the "Allowed use" section in the readme file in the export..

BboyArchon

WCA
2010OREL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
-Timer compares your Average with the Single classification. IMO you should do 2 comparatives: Avg. vs Avg. and Single vs Single instead
-Decimal rounding is definetely mandatory
-It seems like average is calculated from all the times and not for the last 5-12 times

Last edited:

xtom

http://i.imgur.com/mp4G1zL.png

Some suggestions:
  • Use the word "Mean" instead of "Average", because average in cubing usually means the best and worst times are excluded.
  • Show which WCA database export was used... e.g. WCA_export718_20150422, and the disclaimer bits from the "Allowed use" section in the readme file in the export..

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll fix them tomorrow:)

xtom

1) i imagine we'll be running out of scrambles pretty quickly
2) this ranking thing is pretty interesting. have you found a way to get your timer to update automatically as the wca updates? a suggestion i have is to eventually be able to check out your national ranking.

#1, there are 115694 scrambles for 3x3x3 events in current latest databases, and this number will continue to grow when a new competition happen, the timer page selects scramble randomly, I guess that should be enough;
#2, I haven't found a way to access wca database directly, current solution is download the data package from wca, and import to my own database. So when wca releases a new database package, I can refresh the timer database manually.
For the national ranking info, the page doesn't ask people for their personal info, so it's a little hard to determine which country you are from. Of course, it's possible to get country info via your visit IP, but it's not 100% correct. So, yes, I will consider this, but it is not supported now:)

http://i.imgur.com/mp4G1zL.png

Some suggestions:

I've fixed them, please try again:)

Good! But it's only for 3x3 right?

Yes, it's only for 3x3 now, but yes, I can and for other types when I have enough time:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
#2, I haven't found a way to access wca database directly, current solution is download the data package from wca, and import to my own database. So when wca releases a new database package, I can refresh the timer database manually.

What's your reasoning behind this vs just using the wca scrambler? Have you also made sure there aren't repeat scrambles? I mean if you haven't made it exclude every scramble you've done, I can't be bothered doing the stats but 115694 scrambles, with hundreds of people doing many averages of 5, it's only a matter of time before people get the same scramble in the same average.

When you refresh your database does it still stop repeats?

xtom

What's your reasoning behind this vs just using the wca scrambler? Have you also made sure there aren't repeat scrambles? I mean if you haven't made it exclude every scramble you've done, I can't be bothered doing the stats but 115694 scrambles, with hundreds of people doing many averages of 5, it's only a matter of time before people get the same scramble in the same average.

When you refresh your database does it still stop repeats?

I think we have different views on this tool, I'm doing this for fun:)

xtom

Good! But it's only for 3x3 right?

I just updated it today, now it supports below types:
2x2 Cube
Rubik's Cube
4x4 Cube
5x5 Cube
6x6 Cube
7x7 Cube
Rubik's Cube: One-handed
Rubik's Cube: Blindfolded
Rubik's Cube: With feet
4x4 Cube: Blindfolded
5x5 Cube: Blindfolded
Rubik's Clock
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Skewb
Square-1

More events will be great. Especially 3BLD ;)

Hi szalejot, now 3BLD is supported for you:)

Last edited by a moderator: