• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Check your "ranking" while practicing

Thread starter #1
[RankingTimer] check your "ranking" while practicing

RankingTimer is an online cubing timer based on the latest competition data from WCA:

Special points:
1. supports almost all kinds of scrambles in wca competition;
2. each scramble is selected from a real competition randomly;
3. you can see your ranking immediately while practicing, supports World ranking/Continental ranking/National ranking, you can also add the gender filter.

If you are tired of ordinary online timer, try this.

Last edited:
WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
RossTheBossCubing
1) i imagine we'll be running out of scrambles pretty quickly
2) this ranking thing is pretty interesting. have you found a way to get your timer to update automatically as the wca updates? a suggestion i have is to eventually be able to check out your national ranking.

WCA
2014GRAY03

Some suggestions:
  • Round off to 2 decimal places...
  • "You are here" instead of "Your are here"
  • Use the word "Mean" instead of "Average", because average in cubing usually means the best and worst times are excluded.
  • Show which WCA database export was used... e.g. WCA_export718_20150422, and the disclaimer bits from the "Allowed use" section in the readme file in the export..

WCA
2010OREL02
YouTube
malcom91
-Timer compares your Average with the Single classification. IMO you should do 2 comparatives: Avg. vs Avg. and Single vs Single instead
-Decimal rounding is definetely mandatory
-It seems like average is calculated from all the times and not for the last 5-12 times

Last edited:
Thread starter #6
http://i.imgur.com/mp4G1zL.png

Some suggestions:
  • Use the word "Mean" instead of "Average", because average in cubing usually means the best and worst times are excluded.
  • Show which WCA database export was used... e.g. WCA_export718_20150422, and the disclaimer bits from the "Allowed use" section in the readme file in the export..
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll fix them tomorrow:)

Thread starter #14
1) i imagine we'll be running out of scrambles pretty quickly
2) this ranking thing is pretty interesting. have you found a way to get your timer to update automatically as the wca updates? a suggestion i have is to eventually be able to check out your national ranking.
#1, there are 115694 scrambles for 3x3x3 events in current latest databases, and this number will continue to grow when a new competition happen, the timer page selects scramble randomly, I guess that should be enough;
#2, I haven't found a way to access wca database directly, current solution is download the data package from wca, and import to my own database. So when wca releases a new database package, I can refresh the timer database manually.
For the national ranking info, the page doesn't ask people for their personal info, so it's a little hard to determine which country you are from. Of course, it's possible to get country info via your visit IP, but it's not 100% correct. So, yes, I will consider this, but it is not supported now:)

http://i.imgur.com/mp4G1zL.png

Some suggestions:
I've fixed them, please try again:)

Good! But it's only for 3x3 right?
Yes, it's only for 3x3 now, but yes, I can and for other types when I have enough time:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
#2, I haven't found a way to access wca database directly, current solution is download the data package from wca, and import to my own database. So when wca releases a new database package, I can refresh the timer database manually.
What's your reasoning behind this vs just using the wca scrambler? Have you also made sure there aren't repeat scrambles? I mean if you haven't made it exclude every scramble you've done, I can't be bothered doing the stats but 115694 scrambles, with hundreds of people doing many averages of 5, it's only a matter of time before people get the same scramble in the same average.

When you refresh your database does it still stop repeats?

Thread starter #17
What's your reasoning behind this vs just using the wca scrambler? Have you also made sure there aren't repeat scrambles? I mean if you haven't made it exclude every scramble you've done, I can't be bothered doing the stats but 115694 scrambles, with hundreds of people doing many averages of 5, it's only a matter of time before people get the same scramble in the same average.

When you refresh your database does it still stop repeats?
I think we have different views on this tool, I'm doing this for fun:)

Thread starter #19
Good! But it's only for 3x3 right?
I just updated it today, now it supports below types:
2x2 Cube
Rubik's Cube
4x4 Cube
5x5 Cube
6x6 Cube
7x7 Cube
Rubik's Cube: One-handed
Rubik's Cube: Blindfolded
Rubik's Cube: With feet
4x4 Cube: Blindfolded
5x5 Cube: Blindfolded
Rubik's Clock
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Skewb
Square-1

More events will be great. Especially 3BLD ;)
Hi szalejot, now 3BLD is supported for you:)

Last edited by a moderator: