• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Changes to the Weekly Competition website

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
RyuKagamine
2016-18 OH 1st time 1:31.04(not 1.31s , "1.31.04" typo)
Thank you; fixed.

You can edit your times on the site.
Actually, while this is still possible for the current week, I believe this is no longer possible for previous weeks. We allowed it at first, but when an edit to the code caused it to be no longer allowed, we discussed it and decided it was best not to reenable this capability.

If you are aware of a way to edit your own times on the website, and that method still works, please PM me and tell me how!

Please, if you find an edit for a previous week that needs to be made, simply PM me and I will take care of it.

Last edited:

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
When you look at the weekly results of a competitor, for example the FMC result is in column "Average" and in the column "Best" is DNF. Same in multibld and I guess it would be the same in 6bld and 7bld - will try again next week to get a success, just to prove this :D

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you look at the weekly results of a competitor, for example the FMC result is in column "Average" and in the column "Best" is DNF. Same in multibld and I guess it would be the same in 6bld and 7bld - will try again next week to get a success, just to prove this :D
I believe I have this fixed now. But please do try your experiment anyway - always nice to have extra encouragement to get a successful 6bld or 7bld result!

ichcubegerne

WCA
2013BOTZ01
It would also be pretty cool to have the kinch ranks for WCA-Events only (seperate to the normal one).
Cubers that don't do bigBLD are pretty handicapped in this Ranking imo.

Oatch

I've noticed that if you go to a person's profile under their 'Current Personal Records' that if their FMC single is over 60 moves it displays the score in terms of minutes:seconds instead (e.g. 61 is displayed as 1:01.00), at first I thought that was the time to get their solution in terms of hours:minutes, but surely the website would automatically submit the attempt after an hour had elapsed haha.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've noticed that if you go to a person's profile under their 'Current Personal Records' that if their FMC single is over 60 moves it displays the score in terms of minutes:seconds instead (e.g. 61 is displayed as 1:01.00), at first I thought that was the time to get their solution in terms of hours:minutes, but surely the website would automatically submit the attempt after an hour had elapsed haha.
Thanks for pointing this out. Fixed.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
The rankings pages are now enabled. You can access the rankings here:
https://www.speedsolving.com/competitions/showEvents.php

I will continue to try to add matching functionality for everything in the WCA statistics pages, eventually. :)

When I first created the rankings pages, I quickly discovered a number of mistakes and/or problem entries in the database. I have edited all of those that I could find that greatly affected the top rankings in each event. If I edited a result of yours, you will see a comment added to the result beginning with "[mod:" that indicates the change that was made. If you see a change that you think is problematic or that you disagree with, please PM me directly and we will discuss it.

Edit: I think I now have the BLD average rankings working as well. Please PM me if you see any problems with the rankings pages.

Last edited:

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
The rankings are really great!
But there seems to be a bug, so someone can appear multiple times in a "n persons"-list with the same result.
Saw this at rank 99 in multi (that seems to be a double entry anyway) and it is easily to see in FMC.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
The rankings are really great!
But there seems to be a bug, so someone can appear multiple times in a "n persons"-list with the same result.
Saw this at rank 99 in multi (that seems to be a double entry anyway) and it is easily to see in FMC.
Ooh, thanks. I saw that bug a while ago and I guess I forgot to write it down to work on it. I'll try to fix it soon, thank you.

Edit: I think this is fixed now. Please let me know if you see other problems.

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like to announce that the WCA inspection feature is now enabled on the website. In order to use it, navigate to "Settings" from the menu at the top of the page, and check "WCA inspection". It can be used with or without "Disable Timer Start Delay"; to most closely emulate a stackmat timer, leave "Disable Timer Start Delay" unchecked. (But some people have had trouble with that feature, so it's a selectable option.)

With WCA inspection turned on, it will begin 15 seconds inspection when you first hit and release a key. It will let you know with audio (my voice :) ) at 8 seconds and 12 seconds, and inform you if you get a +2 or DNF. (Mostly it works like CSTimer.) If you get a DNF it will stop the solve. (I believe that's different from CSTimer.) There is also audio now for a five minute warning and a stop for fewest moves, and for all solves it will let you know if you get a +2 penalty after the solve is complete.

Please send me a PM if you have any problems with the new feature - I'll be happy to try to fix it as quickly as possible.

Edit:
Just a small suggestion. At Guildford Challenge the Skewb scramble is only halfway readable. Maybe make a scroll option there?
I fixed this.

I also added the ability to hover over a previous solve's time in the timer window to see the scramble for that solve. Mainly I wanted that for selfish reasons, since I'm too lazy after a match-the-scramble solve to actually solve the puzzle for the next attempt - I'd rather apply the inverse of the previous scramble to get it solved instead - and besides, that allows me to double-check that I really solved it properly.

Last edited:

Sue Doenim

Magic, master magic, snake, and 4x4 FMC all popped up on the website under "Error: unknown event!" headings. What's up with that?
EDIT: Looks like they're old stuff that was only held in the past. Are they going to be available again?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Magic, master magic, snake, and 4x4 FMC all popped up on the website under "Error: unknown event!" headings. What's up with that?
We're working on adding the old results from the forum from prior to the competition website. Please excuse the mess; we should have the statistics all straightened out for 2009 by sometime later this weekend, if all goes well.

EDIT: Looks like they're old stuff that was only held in the past. Are they going to be available again?
There are currently no plans to add new events; right now we're focused on trying to stabilize the website. But perhaps a few additional events might be considered at some point in the future after website renovations are done; we have always been open to occasional, controlled experiments with our competitions here (as you can see from those events being added to the database). Typically that happens on year boundaries, and we didn't do any this year; perhaps for next year we can consider looking at new events.

Last edited:

xyzzy

Tried to use the website for the first time, but I got "error: Username is already in use" when trying to make an account (same username as here, "xyzzy").