• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Can colour blind people speed cube?

Samania

i have no idea where this topic goes... but as the question says. IM JUST REALLY CURIOUS BECAUSE IM SCARED IM GOING TO GO COLOUR BLIND.

Chapuunka

WCA
2010JUDD01
Yeah, I have a friend who's color blind. He's still above a minute, but I think that's more because of his LBL method and lack of practice than issues with recognition. Although he does have to remove either the orange or green stickers because those two get confused rather easily apparently.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Breandan Vallance is 'very' colourblind.
As in, so bad that he couldn't do megaminx properly (without putting pieces next to each other to compare).

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cubesmith does sell 3x3 stickers that are friendly for color blind people. As of last check, they still don't sell them for 2x2 or 4x4 or higher.

I own a set of 3x3 stickers for color blind cubers. But still have not placed tghem on any cube yet.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Mini dianshengs, I can't tell the red and green a part properly. I used to be red/green and yellow/purple (don't know how that works) but my eyes have actually improved, and it's much easier now. So when I used a mini DS, I can have a 20 second solve, then realise some pieces are switched.

daniel0731ex

i couldn't tell the difference between red and orange on a mini Diansheng. i must be color blind.

A

andyt1992

Nobody can use Diansheng orange+red very well.

or FII for that matter, if you've used another cube before it sometimes you see the red as orange looks like 18 orange stickers lol. dad and brother both thought the same too.