• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfolded M2 Help and Discussion thread

WCA
2007ESTE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i need serious help with shooting to M slice.. with pochmanns example he did M2 after shooting to the M slice, is this like a set down move? and his m2 example video doesn't work.. some help please..

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Umm.. The M slice edges for me required me to use the algorithms listed. I used Erik's site, because I like using FD as my buffer instead DF. Erik also gives algorthms that switch orientation, instead of pochmann who just flips them after the solve is done. I still have one more to learn (stupid UB).

WCA
2007ESTE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i have read on the M2 and my problem was with parity.. erik uses old pochman for corners and if parity occurs UB and UF is switched.. he does an algorithm that fixes that with side effects of the M slices becomes bad.. i use just the plain mcgaughs for corners becuase i just love, which when parity occurs the UL and UF are switched.. i was wondering if there is a way or an algorithm that fixes corner parity (UL and UR swithced) to get ready for M2 edges??? please help me out!

WCA
2007ESTE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i have read on the M2 and my problem was with parity.. erik uses old pochman for corners and if parity occurs UB and UF is switched.. he does an algorithm that fixes that with side effects of the M slices becomes bad.. i use just the plain mcgaughs for corners becuase i just love, which when parity occurs the UL and UF are switched.. i was wondering if there is a way or an algorithm that fixes corner parity (UL and UR swithced) to get ready for M2 edges??? please help me out!

i got it! haha! since UL and UR are switched i just do T-perm which switches URB and URF corners, then when parity occurs in which swaps UB and DF i just do F2 and the H-perm, then F2.. would this work?

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually, Erik's parity fix switches UB and UL. If you need UF and UL switch then just do a edge 3 cycle UF->UL->UB... it's a lot simpler. O, and thank Stefan for that algorithm, it is a lot better than the edge flip that erik does.

jerjero

m2m2m2

if there is a parity?? would you only just add an M2?? and how to the M layer edges swapping works??.. i mean how should i know where is 1, 3, 11 or 9 edges? thanks to all who would help...

jerjero

i have a major problem with M2 edges when the memo is DB i do (M U2 M U2)
ryt?? but sometime the piece in DB is in the UF position.. for example my memo is (7 11 3) the 11 is in UF position which is 1 how will i be able to fix this and can someone please post the restrictions of M2 edges?? thanks..

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is the other case that comes up with M2. Because M2 affects where DB and UF are, you have to keep track of how the centers are. This is why Stefan suggests memorizing in pairs. If you come to an M slice edge when the centers are switched, then you have to shoot to the opposite place. In te his case, to get solve DB, then you have to shoot it to UF with U2 M' U2 M'. I would suggest not using numbers for memorization unless you can remember these things individually. I guess I do somewhat. When I go through the cycles, I remember colors in pairs, i.e. red-blue red-yellow ...pause... white-orange blue-yellow (I solve with white on F and green on U. As you can see when my DB edge comes up (blue-yellow), I remember that the centers are flipped, meaning I have to solve it at UF. This also works for knowing when parity comes up as well.

jerjero

This is the other case that comes up with M2. Because M2 affects where DB and UF are, you have to keep track of how the centers are. This is why Stefan suggests memorizing in pairs. If you come to an M slice edge when the centers are switched, then you have to shoot to the opposite place. In te his case, to get solve DB, then you have to shoot it to UF with U2 M' U2 M'. I would suggest not using numbers for memorization unless you can remember these things individually. I guess I do somewhat. When I go through the cycles, I remember colors in pairs, i.e. red-blue red-yellow ...pause... white-orange blue-yellow (I solve with white on F and green on U. As you can see when my DB edge comes up (blue-yellow), I remember that the centers are flipped, meaning I have to solve it at UF. This also works for knowing when parity comes up as well.

thank you so much man!! it really helped alot thanks again..

WCA
2007ESTE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
m2 parity.

i need help to determine the party when using m2 edges.. i know when parity occurs but how do i know which edge pieces need to be swapped? its so messy, unlike normal 2-cycle where only 2 edges and two corner pieces needs to be swapped..

Lotsofsloths

WCA
2007SAHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i need help to determine the party when using m2 edges..
Well If you see the Chips and Dip, and you hear the music, its probablly a party, oh, did you mean Parity?
In that case:
If its the second in the pair, and u need to shoot into the M layer, shoot to the exact opposite position.
At the end, if you shot an odd number of times, Preform D R2 D' M2 D R2 D', this will solve the edges, and it will switch the UBR an UFR corners, then you wuld contine with corners.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Daniel, A little problem with your parity fix. First of all, that algorithm you do doesn't switch any corners, it switches the UB and UR edges. Also, that's not a great parity fix if you use old Pochmann corners. There, a better algorithm would be U' F2 U M2 U' F2 U. This switches UB and UL, the same that the Y perm does...

amateurguy

Is there an algorithm like that that switches UL and UR instead of UB and UL? Because I'm used to setting up corners for a T-perm. (I'm interested in switching to M2.)

martijn_cube

WCA
2007BAKK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
need some help with M2 edges.

i've started to learn blindfold solving 30-4. and i've been working on it for the last two days. i'm really starting to understand how it works. but i still have a bit of trouble.
i want to use M2 for edges and pouchmann for corners. ok the corner part isn't very hard. but the M2 part gives some trouble sometimes. i have trouble with the Odd number of edges in a solve. i can't really figure out what 'parity' alg i need to use then.
ok here are 2 scrambles i tried to solve. for now i just solve them with my eyes open. first i type the hole solve of the edges and then do them and see if all the edges are solved (just to get the understanding of it). In both scrambles i managed to get the cycles right, so all the edges are solved. but in the first scramble i had 2 cycles and 11 edges to solve. in the second scramble (very nice one) i had only 1 cycle, and 10 edges to solve.

so in the second scramble everything is good, and i can finisch with the corners and the cube is solved. but with the first one i can not. but i don't really know what to do after i solved the edges. if i do the odd parity alg, it isn't getting any better. so could anyone please help me with that? :) all other tips are welcome to.
ok here are the scrambles:

1) R D' L' B F2 D2 L2 B' R F U2 L' B2 R' D2 L2 B' R2 F U2 B2 R' F' D L2
M2 edges – 11x (2 cycle)
UL L U' L' U M2 U' L U L'
RF x' U' R2 U M2 U' R2 U x
DL U' L2 U M2 U' L2 U
FU F E (RUR’) E’ (RU’R’) F’ M2
RD x' U' R' U M2 U' R U x
--------------------------------------------------
BU F’ D R’ F D’ M2 D F’ R D’ F
UR R' U R U' M2 U R' U' R
BL U' L U M2 U' L' U
FL U' L' U M2 U' L U
DB M U2 M U2
BR U R' U' M2 U R U'
All edges are done, but centers still flipt. What do I need to do now??

2) L2 R' F D' B2 R2 F' D L R' F2 D' L' R2 D2 L2 B D L R2 F2 D' L' B F'
M2 edges – 10x (1cycle)
UR R' U R U' M2 U R' U' R
BL U' L U M2 U' L' U
DL U' L2 U M2 U' L2 U
FL U' L' U M2 U' L U
BD M2 D (R’UR’U’)M’(URU’)M R D’
LU x' U L' U' M2 U L U' x
RF x' U' R2 U M2 U' R2 U x
BR U R' U' M2 U R U'
RD x' U' R' U M2 U' R U x
BU F’ D R’ F D’ M2 D F’ R D’ F
Finish with normal old pouchmann-corners only using the ‘y’PLL minus F. and this works. No strange things, cube complete.