• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best spring swap mods

Fawn

Something I did a few weeks ago was take out the stock springs of my Fangshi ShuangRen (57mm) and put in the soft spare springs that come with the maru cx3. It made much easier to turn, which helps me out as I have a very very light turning style.

GnaCuber

Time to revive this thread. I have an extra set of Weisu Soft Springs, but I don't have a Weisu (I have an Aosu though), which puzzle should I put this springs into that makes the puzzle better than it originally was?

gokkar

Time to revive this thread. I have an extra set of Weisu Soft Springs, but I don't have a Weisu (I have an Aosu though), which puzzle should I put this springs into that makes the puzzle better than it originally was?
Dayan 2x2. It's absolutely incredible with Weisu soft springs.

gokkar

Softer springs in the Dayan 2x2 do help with popping. Mine used to pop occasionally, but with Weisu Soft springs, it has never popped. I can only assume that the Maru springs would do the same, considering they're even softer.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A well florian modded SS 5x5 with Dayan springs is just magic. It loses the basic tight springy feel that locks up (Typical stock SS feel) and becomes fast and loose'ish instead. No lock ups whatsoever. Also it corner cuts pretty damn well if you nailed the mod. It needs re-tensioning every 3 months or so though.

SenileGenXer

Sorry you've been two weeks without and answer. Other hobbies have grabbed my attention and I haven't been about cubing too much recently.

I used the springs from a simplified Cyclone boys in the 5x5. I haven't tried any others.