• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the best kilominx?

• Shengshou

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Meilong

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Cubestyle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GAN 356 X

Currently there are three kilominxes available on the cubicle, the Meilong kibiminx, the cubestyle kilominx, and the Shengshou one. I bought the Meilong one recently and my first impressions was that it was very catchy and hardly corner cut.

So, which one is the best?

GAN 356 X

The moyu one is much worse out of the box. It has fully angular pieces on top of being too flexible and cornercuts like a rubiks brand
That's a pretty accurate description. its kinda fast and sandy, but then when even the slightest edge catches, you lose all fluency. Corner cutting is waaaaaaay below average, especially reverse corner cuts where it barely cuts 2 mm. Hopefully if kilominx is accepted as an event the hardware will see a dramatic change

Last edited:

kadabrium

WCA
2019XIAO15
That's a pretty accurate description. its kinda fast and sandy, but then when even the slightest edge catches, you lose all fluency. Corner cutting is wy below average. Hopefully if kilominx is accepted as an event the hardware will see a dramatic change
I florianed the whole thing including hidden edges and it can now nominally cut the full centerpiece, but in actual solves it still locks up just as much as the shengshou otb due to the utter lack of stability. you just cant make a turn without all the pieces you are holding squirm like a can of worms

GAN 356 X

I florianed the whole thing including hidden edges and it can now nominally cut the full centerpiece, but in actual solves it still locks up just as much as the shengshou otb due to the utter lack of stability. you just cant make a turn without all the pieces you are holding squirm like a can of worms
Do you think magnets would make a difference? Also, how did you 'florian the whole thing'? Im guessing with sand paper or something similar?

aerocube

What's a ganowo? I've never heard of them

Edit: should it be added to the poll?
the ganowo just seems to be rebranded versions of kilominxes already on the list
the only 3 brands that exist are already on the poll