• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Being method neutral for 2x2.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

So the title says it all basically. I think I’m going to become a method neutral 2x2 solver so do like guimond when it’s best or vop when it’s best or hd, eg, cll and so on. So I want to know if this would be a good idea and what people’s opinions are on this. Also can someone link some hd algs because I can’t find them. Thanks!

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
So the title says it all basically. I think I’m going to become a method neutral 2x2 solver so do like guimond when it’s best or vop when it’s best or hd, eg, cll and so on. So I want to know if this would be a good idea and what people’s opinions are on this. Also can someone link some hd algs because I can’t find them. Thanks!
Seems interesting. Though, it would be very hard because of all of the algs you need to learn and master, plus trying to figure out the best approach for any given scramble will take up some more inspection time than just going right into planning a face or something.

Good luck, though. Would be interesting to see what you can come up with.

CurlyFries

WCA
2015BURE01
This is a great idea. Unlike 3x3, method neutrality is often practiced in 2x2. But some methods like Ortega and Guimond, are simply not worth the time if you know things like full EG. At the top levels of 2x2, solving is really just “Make a side and solve the rest” the other methods just add more steps, which is not good. But really, as long as you can one-look the whole solve, the method doesn’t really matter too much.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Seems interesting. Though, it would be very hard because of all of the algs you need to learn and master, plus trying to figure out the best approach for any given scramble will take up some more inspection time than just going right into planning a face or something.

Good luck, though. Would be interesting to see what you can come up with.
Well I am already learning full ZBLL so I feel like 200 pretty short algs will be nothing lol.