• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Anybody in Guam know how to organize a competition?

Reddy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Micronesia is one of the most empty areas when it comes to cubing. We are one of the places that have never had an official competition in the area since the founding of the WCA. Since I am not an adult, will anyone please give information that I can use to organize a competition in the future when I am responsible enough to hold it?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Micronesia is one of the most empty areas when it comes to cubing. We are one of the places that have never had an official competition in the area since the founding of the WCA. Since I am not an adult, will anyone please give information that I can use to organize a competition in the future when I am responsible enough to hold it?
I don’t think there is a age limit :). Search up how to organise a wca competition, click on the official wca page, and follow the instructions. You’ll need to contact a delegate.

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can organize a competition even if you aren't an adult! All you need is a WCA delegate and some volunteers. Try organizing unofficial competitions to see if there are any competitors in your area.

Reddy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Finding a delegate is the main issue. I don't know how any delegate will be able to get here. I don't have equipment either and I have never even been to a competition.

Reddy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Paying for travel expenses is a big issue when the closest delegates are 3 hours away by plane. Even harder to find a delegate in the first place because the closest ones don't speak English as their first language.

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would say the first thing to do is to build up a cubing community. Try to find other cubers in your area, get more people into cubing and organize some unofficial meetings / comps. It's more likely that a delegate will be willing to travel there if there is a decent group of people demanding a competition :)

Mody

So I am twelve and in the process of organizing a comp and here are a few things I picked up along the way
1.Before contacting the delegate Make sure you know small stuff like which events you want to have
Other organizers names
Name of the competition
Date you want to have the comp
2. Make a group between all the organizers and delegate and try to Read every message on there
Until the delegate messages you back about the competition
You might wanna check out some venues
And look for sound systems
Projectors and make a list of the pros and cons of the venue
But don’t book/Pay for anything without planning everything and talking to the delegate first
in my case the delegate is from another country and I have to play their travel expenses and hotels but they do have all the equipment like cube covers so I think of it as 50% equipment 50% travel fees and also
Timers (needed)
Displays ( optional)
Mats ( needed)
And depending on how good people in your area are at cubing
Make the rounds longer/shorter
Like if someone gets 3 minutes in 3x3
That’s 15 just for him while there are 50-100 people waiting
So look at older competitions around you and other people’s times and add 15 mins on the rounds length for extra time
Try to find a sponsor like
Scs or the cubicle
Good luck