• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Announcing 0Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, but cubes today ARE fast. Why mess with the weight/feeling of the cube in order to make them faster? (I imagine that the materials you mentioned would have very different feelings then plastic, maybe I'm wrong though)

Well have you tryed the Rubik's Wood cube the 30th anniversary cube that was made by Rubik's?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, but cubes today ARE fast.

They were also fast before let's say Dayan. And then they became faster, and people liked them better. Are you claiming today's cubes can't possibly be improved further? That sounds rather naive.

Also, I'm still waiting for your definition of "better".

Last edited:

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
They were also fast before let's say Dayan. And then they became faster. Are you claiming today's cubes can't possibly be improved further? That sounds rather naive.

I'm not saying that cubes today are perfect, I'm just saying that making them faster is not really an improvement. Personally, I think that cubes are already too fast.

I do see your point that if you consider faster to be an advantage, then some materials would have an advantage over plastic.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To the speed argument; As XTowncuber said, some of the cubes on the market as of now already count as too fast to control. I suppose the majority wouldnt benefit from a cube that glides even easier than the cubes we already have. U2 Flick is all we need basically and I've done U4s and seen some do even U5s with cubes that already are on the market.

The "made in america" might make some americans or pro-america cubers buy them but I'd assume most just care about the ratio of quality/price. You cannot achieve that in America like they do it in China. When the cube will be released there is no guarantee other companies in China (that do not give a damn) wouldnt copy the design and sell it for cheaper, even if it was patented. KOs are not really that frowned upon at ss-forums. All the things you mention the cube will be we already have.

You have 2 years time, how about come up with a 4x4 that functions like a MoYu WeiLong for example. Then you'd have my attention. I dont know what future cubes will be like but currently I cannot really come up with any attributes that the cubes we already have lack. There pretty much is a 57mm version cube for every single kind of cuber.

As for the 44.9 degree reverse corner cut; I wont believe it until I see it. How I understand it, it is not physically possible if the pieces are squareish or rounded squares. The pieces would have to be more round than square for this to happen. For example the MoYu WeiLong cuts at any angle. If you try to reverse corner cut too much it just cuts regularly at the wrong side. The reason why 44.9 reverse corner cutting is not possible is because the stem of the corner piece interferes with the front center piece. Also I dont see the need for it. Maybe if it was actually possible and I could try a cube that can cut it I'd like it more but as is I can't imagine why anyone would need it.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hm. I thought this would happen. A particularly negative response from the forum. Well, I guess everyone beats down the newcomers.

Yeah, it must be because you're new here. Of course it can't possibly have anything to do with what you wrote.

(Just in case this is not a joke. I'm pretty certain it is, though.)

Last edited:

CubePhysics

I cannot release a video yet, and also cannot release it yet... BECAUSE IT'S NOT DONE! Dimwitted minds on this forum don't understand that if a product has not been released, maybe, just MAYBE... it isn't quite ready yet. This post is just to try and gain attention for the actual thing. Now excuse me while our team drafts build 2477 in PDS14.

And for all you smart ones: get ready for the best cube ever.

And cube technology in 2015 will have not advanced more than 23% speed, 7% control, 4% corner cutting, or 0% smoother. These are all done with statistics with pooling the top 3 cubes today (Zhanchi, Weilong, Shuangren V2), the top 3 cubes of 2010 (Guhong being the best), the top 3 of 2007, and the top 3 of 2004. 2004-07 was the fastest growing year, then from 2007-10 the growth was cut by 46%, then from 2010-13 the technology overall increased 31%. So yeah, we do our math.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I cannot release a video yet, and also cannot release it yet... BECAUSE IT'S NOT DONE! Dimwitted minds on this forum don't understand that if a product has not been released, maybe, just MAYBE... it isn't quite ready yet. This post is just to try and gain attention for the actual thing. Now excuse me while our team drafts build 2477 in PDS14.

And cube technology in 2015 will have not advanced more than 23% speed, 7% control, 4% corner cutting, or 0% smoother. These are all done with statistics with pooling the top 3 cubes today (Zhanchi, Weilong, Shuangren V2), the top 3 cubes of 2010 (Guhong being the best), the top 3 of 2007, and the top 3 of 2004. 2004-07 was the fastest growing year, then from 2007-10 the growth was cut by 46%, then from 2010-13 the technology overall increased 31%. So yeah, we do our math.

I am slightly confused how you can do exact calculations based on values which can be quite variable based on the person defining them. Can you please show the math you used to determine the "23% speed, 7% control, etc." part?

KongShou

WCA
2013KONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel

If its not made then how do you know how well it perform?

also 73% of all statistics are made up on the spot

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

LOL, How do you know how good the 3x3 will be before it's it's out?

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Over 45 degrees normal cutting already exists. Just a BTW.
And unless you're proposing a completely different mechanism style, which I won't rule out, it won't be able to reverse-cut 44.9 degrees. Nor would I want it to.

My primary instinct is that this is an awesomely done BS joke thread.

WCA
2012TOWE01
Please don't say you didn't expect skepticism when making this thread because you have absolutely no evidence backing up your claims. You're calling people "dimwitted" for not believing you. Why should we?

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
2004-07 was the fastest growing year, then from 2007-10 the growth was cut by 46%, then from 2010-13 the technology overall increased 31%. So yeah, we do our math.
Confusing claims. I'm guessing but: are you stating that increases in WR times are entirely due to hardware improvements?

I cannot release a video yet, and also cannot release it yet... BECAUSE IT'S NOT DONE!
There's your credibility problem in a nutshell.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Lols, where do these stats come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.