• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

An Alternate A-Perm

xyzzy

>Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.
why

Also I guessed that this was going to be T perm with wide moves before I even opened the thread and… well, it was. You might be able to execute it at a higher tps, which gives the impression that it's "faster", but you also have to keep in mind that wide T perm is 14 moves while the usual A perm algs are 9 moves long, so you need 14/9 = 1.56× as much tps in order for them to be the same speed, and higher than that for wide T perm to be faster.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it actually though? I feel like since big cubes are inherently harder to turn, you can sacrifice finger-trickability for low movecount algs. (Especially in cases like this, where the longer alg is not significantly easier to finger-trick.)
I can confirm. I just tried it on my 4x4 and 5x5, it is not very good at all.