• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Advice and Tips for Competitions

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sit next to someone. If you sit alone, you will only feel more paranoid when people watch you. Also, you will meet people that live near the comp, therefore near you, and then you have a new cubing friend. Just ask "Hey, is someone sitting here?" I am very socially awkward and understand that it will feel weird, but I now have a new cubing friend because I took that step. Trust me, its very important.

rubik2005

Sit next to someone. If you sit alone, you will only feel more paranoid when people watch you. Also, you will meet people that live near the comp, therefore near you, and then you have a new cubing friend. Just ask "Hey, is someone sitting here?" I am very socially awkward and understand that it will feel weird, but I now have a new cubing friend because I took that step. Trust me, its very important.
Yup, I made that mistake too. At first I just sat with my family, and then I realized cubers don't mind if you sit with them.