• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Add kilominx(2x2 megaminx)

Should we add kilominx to wca

• yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • no

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

ketchupcuber

I think kilominx would be great for wca its fast and fun and looks awesome see no problems

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that if we were to add another event (which is a whole other topic) it should be Kibiminx. It's a smaller megaminx, which some people may think is a bad thing but I think it would be fun as a shorter version of mega but still have a good bit of lookahead. Also, do you think it might help beginners get into megaminx after learning kibiminx?

But yes, i think we should add Kibiminx,

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Or gigaminx? That may be too long though.
I personally would enjoy competing in gigaminx, but I realize that it's not practical. I'm sub-10, but I know that most people aren't and it takes quite a bit of skill to get to that level. IMO, no speedsolve event should ever exceed a 10-minute time limit, so as much as I want it, gigaminx is not a good event to add.

xyzzy

Even if kibiminx is technically more correct,
The minx naming scheme is kind of messed up already so I'm not sure "technically correct" has much a meaning here!

(But for the record, I don't like "kibiminx". I'm already complaining all the time (outside of this forum) about people misusing "kilo" to mean 1024 and I don't want to add on to it by misusing "kibi" to mean something other than 1024. "Kilominx" is also a bad name, but at least it's clearly named by analogy. The truly horrendous ones are "master kilominx" and "elite kilominx" and whatever the other higher even-order ones are called.)