• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Actual CPEOLL

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
People used to call OLLCP-A "CPEOLL". This is a misnaming - we already have enough of these and I've decided that the subset is obscure enough to easily fix. I have modified the wiki to reflect this.

The actual CPEOLL subset does not preserve corner oprientation. I'm surprised that it doesn't exist yet.

I understand why though. Cubers seem to think that ELS and CPLS are a better way to reach 2GLL than LS and CPEOLL because they are blinded by the strive to find a good system for 1LLL and ignore problems CPLS has to forget that you don't *need* to influence LL during LS.

So just use it as a 2LLL system. Might be good for OH or something, I don't know.

There are 24 cases, you may already know all the algs - the subset can be learnt in under an hour.

Rob helped me find these.

ds2Fdkn.png
oUISCR7.png
Ba7fJXh.png
95m9vmy.png
L' U R U' L U R'R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2
aMAekXC.png
R U R' U' M' U R U' r'U2 r U' r' U' r U r' y' R' U RF R U R' U' F'
CxgJnFs.png
U R U R' U' M' U R U' r'U R U R' U' R' F R F'U F R U R' U' F'
GJKx8Gd.png
U r U2 R' U' R U' r'U' R U2 R' U2 R' F R F'f U R' U' R f'
pSS3BMz.png
U r U R' U R U2 r'U2 F' r U r' U' r' F rU F U R U' R' F'
LXh4D37.png
r U R' U R U2 r'F R' F' R U R U' R'F U R U' R' F'
8XFoN7a.png
r U2 R' U' R U' r'U' L' U2 L U2 L F' L' FU' F U R U' R' F'
8HoSq3q.png
F R U r' U' R U M' R' U' F'F R' F' R2 r' U R U' R' U' M'L' U2 L F R U2 R' F' L' U2 L

Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is great - I was looking for this the other day. If I'm not wrong, there are only 19 cases to learn, given that 6 of the diagonal swaps reduce to 2 through symmetry.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Depends on the justification I suppose. I'm having trouble deciphering what it actually means at the moment.

I think it's a bit weird to be giving subsets of actual sets specific names, but I suppose CO solved is a bit different.

I honestly can't think of a better name than OLLCP-A without it being confusing. Don't get me wrong, I tried! A standard naming scheme was also considered.

googlebleh

WCA
2012WEEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
People used to call OLLCP-A "CPEOLL". This is a misnaming - we already have enough of these and I've decided that the subset is obscure enough to easily fix. I have modified the wiki to reflect this.

The actual CPEOLL subset does not preserve corner oprientation. I'm surprised that it doesn't exist yet.

Better amend the Wiki then. It defines OLLCP-A as "The subset [of OLLCP] in which all corners are oriented. Also known as CPEOLL."
http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/OLLCP

Unfortunately, I can't change this 'wiki'. Does a mod have to do it?

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel