• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

7x7x7 Edge Issue (gabbasoft)

skwishy

This is my first attempt at solving a 7x7x7 cube and I have run into a problem that I just cant quite seem to figure out.

I have solved all the centers and all of the edges except for two of them.

The left edge looks like this

And the right edge looks like this

If anyone knows of some algorithms that would help me out I would greatly appreciate if you shared them with me.

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, there is a way to swap those 2 cubies between green-yellow to orange-yellow.

Another way, which I prefer but might not be efficient, is to move a green-yellow into a yellow-green position. Then I will be able to do a 3 way cubie swap on 3 edges. The result will be all edges completed, except maybe one which has some cubies upside down. Then I use the alg to swap an "l" cubie with an "r" cubie on one single super edge, with no apparent effect to anything else anywhere:

r2 B2 U2 l U2 r' U2 r U2 F2 r F2 l' B2 r2

The above alg can be found at http://speedcubing.com/chris/4-step3.html which I believe was written by Chris Hardwick.

Last edited:
If yellow face is F and blue face is R, then perform R2 (Dd)2 {flip the RB edge group} (Dd)2.

You can flip the edge group using whatever you want that doesn't effect the rest of E layers or their center orientations - usually 6 turns like B U' B' R' U2 R.