• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

6x6+ Blindfolded Rankings Thread

sigalig

WCA
2016SIGG01
YouTube
channel/UCQQInMQv08DfXg0HCLUAeRw
Yaaaaay I solved an 8x8 blindfolded :) (11th attempt)
Funny thing, first time that I "solved" outer xcenters, I actually executed as if they were middle xcenters. I realized it on the very last outer xcenter letter pair, undid all of it, then redid it all correctly. Wasted pretty much exactly 4 minutes of execution because of this mistake. Very, very surprised that I managed to fix everything perfectly even with that mistake.

57:29.45[23:40.42]
Graham Siggins, USA.

sigalig

WCA
2016SIGG01
YouTube
channel/UCQQInMQv08DfXg0HCLUAeRw
Where're all the other hugeBLDers at?? :p

Finally got what I would consider a satisfying 7BLD success (only took about a gagillion DNFs, most of which being off by 2 centers or a single move)

7BLD in 21:17.78[10:55.52].
Graham Siggins, USA.

EDIT: I reconstructed it lol. Don't ask why :p

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
MikeHughey1
Rushed the hell out of exec, honestly did not expect to get a success. I guess doing 7bld right after a 9bld attempt is pretty helpful :p
I find it's always helpful with 7BLD to believe it's going to be a DNF. Those are always my fastest successes! I figure it's because I don't care anymore (because I think I messed up), and I just want to get it over with as fast as possible - I'm always much faster then.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
7BLD PB: 19:38.89[10:33.77], done for weekly comp too :)
Rushed the hell out of exec, honestly did not expect to get a success. I guess doing 7bld right after a 9bld attempt is pretty helpful :p

Graham Siggins, USA
Your reaction is awesome. I think I'm inspired to do a 3BLD attempt next time I can find a quiet 15 minutes. :) Someday I'll get up to big blind.