• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

6x6+ Blindfolded Rankings Thread

U

Underwatercuber

May I suggest that a one year delay blindsolve ranking is added? I think that would definitely be a good thing to see here.

U

Underwatercuber

How would you rank that? Execution time? MBLD points? Delayed execution MBLD might actually be kind of cool, but I'm not sure it fits in this thread.
Total time taken to memo added to execution time.

U

Underwatercuber

Except you can review memo without a cube, and would have to for that kind of delay. Do you start a timer whenever you think about it?
Here is the process:
scramble cube
cover cube
start timer and begin memoing cube
when you feel like you have memorized the cube fully then end the timer and cover the cube
wait 1 year
when you have waited 1 year then sit down and put on your blindfold and have someone hand you your cube in its proper orientation
once you have your cube start a timer and solve it, ending the timer once you believe the cube has been completed

Add time memoing and time solving together and that's your time :)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
@One Wheel's point is that time delay has the advantage that you can think about the memo any time you want, and review it. That to me is the reason why time delay solving isn't particularly impressive. The only way it would be impressive would be if you somehow promised not to think about the memo again until the time has passed, but that is something that's really hard for someone to do, and (currently [the thought that I had to add that word scares me]) impossible to verify.

I've done one year time delay solves before, and they're incredibly easy to do. Just run through your memo once a day every day, and by the time you're doing the solve, you can fly through it incredibly fast. It's kind of fun to do because when you do solve it, it feels like you're a world-class BLD solver because you have absolutely no pauses in recall, since you have it memorized so well.

A really fun twisted idea is to do a BLD memorization of a cube, then mentally spend the next year working out a speedBLD solution to your non-speedBLD memorization, then do a speedsolve of your memorized cube when you actually solve it. That might be a lot of fun (but would be a lot of work!).

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it would be cool to have a list of everyone who has done a year-delay blindsolve, but it doesn't need to be ranked, since there isn't a very good way to rank it. It could just be a collection of people who have successfully done it.

U

Underwatercuber

I think it would be cool to have a list of everyone who has done a year-delay blindsolve, but it doesn't need to be ranked, since there isn't a very good way to rank it. It could just be a collection of people who have successfully done it.
Maybe but the amount of time it takes to memo? You do have one year worth of memo but you will only time the amount of time you look at the cube before covering it up.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
Pyraminx Crystal bld 28:42.95 [12:05]
Hanns Hub, Germany
And: the missing purple-brightblue tile has been reconstructed.

My latest PC-results:
28.08.2017 DNF (28:46.00) [11:05] 28E 20C, off by 3 corners
29.08.2017 31:11.31 [12:40] 32E+1, 20C
01.09.2017 DNF (30:54.68) [13:35]
01.09.2017 DNF (30:06.29) [12:45] 28+1E 18+1C, off by 4 flipped corners, twice th wrong setup
02.09.2017 DNF (34:14.07) [15:30]
03.09.2017 28:42.95 [12:05] 14+3C, 26+2E

Victor Tang

WCA
2015JUNV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
6BLD PB LOL
Generated By csTimer on 2017-10-1
single: 15:59.99(6:48.69)

Time List:
1. 15:59.99 R2 Rw' Fw' 3Fw' Uw 3Uw' F2 R B2 F' 3Uw' 3Fw' B Lw L' F2 R2 3Uw2 Dw Bw2 Dw' B' 3Fw R2 Dw B2 Uw F' Fw' Rw2 R' Lw' F2 3Uw' Bw' 3Uw Dw2 3Rw' F B' R2 Fw2 3Fw Uw2 3Fw F2 Dw' 3Rw' L' R2 Uw2 Lw' L R2 F L Fw2 B2 3Uw2 Uw U Rw2 Lw' R2 Uw' U2 3Uw' R2 L' Lw' D' 3Fw' Rw2 R D2 L2 Uw2 F Lw L2

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
You are really crazy!
Great thing, I expected only a 1:30:00 or something from you :D
How many attempts?
Edit: OK, I read the description on YouTube now.

Last edited:

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You are really crazy!
Great thing, I expected only a 1:30:00 or something from you :D
How many attempts?
Edit: OK, I read the description on YouTube now.

I was only expecting 1:30 also, but I got a lot of practice doing two center pieces at a time on MasterKilominx, and was able to do almost every pair with only one commutator in this solve. The only area where I haven't tried that yet is wings, since there is far fewer setup spots.