• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] 3x3x3 single 5.55 Mats Valk

kko14

He needed more than 2 Seconds for Pll^^
At 3.53 he already skipped OLL^^...
Faz Would have done a sub 5 on that solve^^...
But I think faz would have done a DX-Cross...

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
At 3.53 he already skipped OLL^^....
Maybe, but he was solved at 5.3 or so (maybe even less). The remaining time is due to timer lag and the time to actually let go of the cube and stop the timer. And don't forget he also had to recognize the OLL skip, recognize which PLL it was, and do the AUF at the end. It's easy to sit there and say this solve could be done faster, but I think it's very fast and deserving of the WR :)

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
why so condescending? care to give a reason for belittling my opinion? all methods have a point where they bottom out and it improvement becomes almost non-existent. the bottom out point would obviously be lower for a method with less moves. this solve only needed one last layer alg, imagine if all solves were like this.

You're saying that movecount is the only thing that dictates how good a method is. This is incorrect.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Holy freaking moly, well done Mats! I remember when he was just a wee thing... the same way I remember when faz was just a wee thing. What's going on with the kids these days all growing up and stuff?!

AvG is legendary.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
Congratz Mats!! I like how the past world records have repeating last digits (5.66 5.55) but job well done!
My question is when and who will break the average record. Maybe 5BLD is also in the runnings?