• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] 3x3x3 single 5.55 Mats Valk

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
arnaudvg
Great result Mats. Too bad there were so many nonsense responses here and on youtube already.

and I was surprised to see how often my name was in a thread that was actually about a WR. So I will give you something to think about:
"Behind every great man there's a great woman".... Does that mean that
1) I am a woman
2) Mats is not a great man
3) That quote needs updating to modern times and....Mats is gay?
4) You think of something

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
RowanKinneavy
Great result Mats. Too bad there were so many nonsense responses here and on youtube already.

and I was surprised to see how often my name was in a thread that was actually about a WR. So I will give you something to think about:
"Behind every great man there's a great woman".... Does that mean that
1) I am a woman
2) Mats is not a great man
3) That quote needs updating to modern times and....Mats is gay?
4) You think of something
I enjoy option 1.

Also perhaps consider that not only is 'behind' figurative, but also 'woman'. You do have a highly comforting and maternal hug. Btw, sick solve Mats :)

Also, 'OMG FELEEKS WILL BRAKE IT??!!1'.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
5BLD
[video] 5.55 seconds World Record - Mats Valk[/video][video]

I agree, dont take away stuff from mats just cuz you think me/faz are better or something- think how mats feels

And it doesnt make me feel happy about the attitude either
Also notbad solve mats[/video]

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
RossTheBossCubing
You're saying that movecount is the only thing that dictates how good a method is. This is incorrect.
i totally get this. that is why you hardly see any one speed cubing with the human methods, because they are so complicated the recognition is hard. The low move count method i was talking about in my last post was ZB and ZB is not like this. it will take time, a ridiculous abount of time, but ZBLL can be mastered and solved as easily as mats or feliks solves oll and pll.

KongShou

WCA
2013KONG01
YouTube
KongXJ168
Congrats!
Basic stuff like "Don't rotate while solving. y2's are unneeded and slow" and "Learn to use your left hand also" have no meaning anymore.
Thats just what i was thinking looooooooooooool

Oh and by the way if you do the white cross it PLL skips:

Hold it so that white face up

Scramble: D2 U' R2 U F2 D2 U' R2 U' B' L2 R' B' D2 U B2 L' D' R2
c: z2 y2 L U2 F2 D L
F1: y' R U R' d' R U2 R' U2 R U' R'
F2: y' U' R U R' d' R' U' R
F3: L U' L'
F4: y2 U'R' U' R U' R' U R
O: U2 F R U R' d R' U2 R' F R F'
P: U

this was discovered by a guy from MF8 forum original link here: http://bbs.mf8-china.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=95764

Last edited:

Dylann

When I joined speedsolving I was asked to write what felik's 3x3 world record was. Has this register question been changed lol?

Also, why is it always the 4th solve that is the best?!? didnt 5BLD get his best times on the 4th, felik's got his 5.66 on fourth, this was on the fourth. I've seen other WR's and there seems to be something about the 4th. It's like the days of the week, thursday is generally a good day. don't ask why lol

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
5BLD
[video] 5.55 seconds World Record - Mats Valk[/video][video]

When I joined speedsolving I was asked to write what felik's 3x3 world record was. Has this register question been changed lol?

Also, why is it always the 4th solve that is the best?!? didnt 5BLD get his best times on the 4th, felik's got his 5.66 on fourth, this was on the fourth. I've seen other WR's and there seems to be something about the 4th. It's like the days of the week, thursday is generally a good day. don't ask why lol
My two previous bests were first solves[/video]

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
qqwref2
It would be cool if this was just the first one in a series... and Mats goes on to somehow improve his own time by over a second. Like what happened with Feliks and Erik. It's spectacularly unlikely, but it'd be very cool.

it will take time, a ridiculous abount of time, but ZBLL can be mastered and solved as easily as mats or feliks solves oll and pll.
And you know this how?