• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZZ-CT Thread

Swagrid

YouTube
Visit Channel
I never really understood how TSLE could be done intuitively. Could someone help to clear my doubts?
You learn how each trigger effects the pieces on the cube, and learn/figure out which triggers you need to do to reduce the cases. Like you learn all the 1 trigger cases, then figure out/learn how to turn all the 2 trigger cases into 1 trigger cases. Then 3 to 2.

Burrito

WCA
2022SOPK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think that if someone learned and could execute all of the algorithms very fast, that this method could easily beat Roux, or Petrus, or it's succesor ZZ?
Yes. 100% The movecount is is similar to roux but turning faster = gangster :)

Also, I think you mean predecessor. :)

Last edited:

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
We know that ZZ-CT is objectively worse than ZZ-A, and then there's a proper debate to be had whether ZZ-A or Roux are better (or equal). So no, ZZ-CT couldn't beat the big 3 (or Petrus maybe).

Burrito

WCA
2022SOPK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
We know that ZZ-CT is objectively worse than ZZ-A, and then there's a proper debate to be had whether ZZ-A or Roux are better (or equal). So no, ZZ-CT couldn't beat the big 3 (or Petrus maybe).
Is it because of the alg count? Or something else? (I want to learn CT because I like the luck and I want something spicier than boring OCLL and PLL.)

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it because of the alg count? Or something else? (I want to learn CT because I like the luck and I want something spicier than boring OCLL and PLL.)
Nope, it's the movecount mainly, also the fact that you can be (should be) slot neutral. The luck isn't a great factor to learn it and it's overhyped how useful it is.

Burrito

WCA
2022SOPK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nope, it's the movecount mainly, also the fact that you can be (should be) slot neutral. The luck isn't a great factor to learn it and it's overhyped how useful it is.
Isnt the movecount similar to Roux? (idk i just watched the seminar and the colorfulpockets vid)