• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZBLL trainer program?

rowehessler

I've been learning ZBLL lately, but I find it pretty annoying to set up for cases and reviewing new cases that way. I think that the best way to "test" oneself on these algorithms would be a scramble generator set to give out only ZBLL combinations. For example, instead of having a fully scrambled cube after the scramble, you'll just have a ZBLL case. I think this could easily be done, but it'll be useless for just beginning because you would get a ridiculous amount of cases that you haven't learned yet. Would it be possible to restrict the scrambler to only a few cases instead of the entire set of ZBLL? It's kind of hard to explain, but I think this would help a lot of cubers learn ZBLL and inspire other people to learn too. If anyone has any knowledge on how to make something like this, please respond! Thanks.
-Rowe

y3k9

No, that's wouldn't be possible. I say try doing the inverse of the algrithom, then the normal algrithom, over and over again.

Edit: It is possible, but would take years, and you need to be a super-professional programmer.

Last edited:

aronpm

There's a ZBLL scrambler in IRC.

But if you want a trainer to only show cases that you know, I don't know of anything.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
No, that's wouldn't be possible. Edit: It is possible, but would take years, and you need to be a super-professional programmer.

wat. >_>
@OP: There are a few, and I recall seeing a screenshot of an LL trainer that you could select ZBLL on too...
#rubik has one, but I'll try to find a better solution...

y3k9

Rowe Hessler, because I feel like you're a nice guy, and I'm a nice guy, I have uploaded this for you. Yes, it is possible, y3k9.
Link doesn't work. And I said it was possible, but would be really hard. ZB, yes, there might be one but I don't know. As I said it'd be hard, but I'm no computer expert.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Already updated the post. Actually, the guy just made a text file of all the ZBLL scrambles (or possible just inverted algs, I'm not sure, I haven't checked it).

AnnoyingApple

Would it be possible to have a complete set of images like these and let's say you hit the spacebar or something, then one image will pop up and you'll figure out the ZBLL alg for it. It's not exactly what Rowe has asked for, but it's a suggestion. :)

y3k9

Would it be possible to have a complete set of images like these and let's say you hit the spacebar or something, then one image will pop up and you'll figure out the ZBLL alg for it. It's not exactly what Rowe has asked for, but it's a suggestion. :)
That'd be hard to learn from because cubing requires more of a tactile kinesthetic learning sequence, that'd be like learning to solve the cube without a cube at hand :(.

irontwig

WCA
2010JERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It wouldn't be that hard. Preferable you would use a list of non-speed-optimized algs (e.g. Helmstetter's) and you would tell the program which COLL cases you wanted to test. It would just be a bit of work.

frogmanson

What I do when I learn ZBLL is to solve the cube normally and then when I get to PLL I perform a pure flip alg.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, that's wouldn't be possible. I say try doing the inverse of the algrithom, then the normal algrithom, over and over again.

Edit: It is possible, but would take years, and you need to be a super-professional programmer.

LOL

The only problem I can see is that people recognize the different sets differently, and since you usually need to look at 3 faces, you would either need to decide on which AUF to display each case from, or somehow allow the user to choose this as well.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
would take years, and you need to be a super-professional programmer.
lmfao

You could just write all the ZBLL setups into a text file, and output random AUF + random ZBLL setup + random AUF. Pretty sure that's more or less what the IRC one does. It wouldn't be TOO hard to have them organized by cases, although it would be a bit more work.