• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Yusheng Du - 3.47 3×3 single

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I still think it's Petrus. In ZZ, the primary goal is to do eo then to blockbuild. In Petrus it's to blockbuild then to eo, and the solution much more resembles Petrus than cfop. Also, the idea that it was done purposefully with anything other than cfop is wrong, but the actual solve is a Petrus solve. And also, I don't think that calling it ZZ-D is correct, otherwise 1/6 of my solves would be ZZ-D and they're not. They could be called accidental ZZ-D solves, just like this is an accidental Petrus solve, but it isn't a ZZ solve imo,

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll admit it is a bit strange he is the only one who got a good time on the scramble, but it seems plausible at least. If it wasn't an obvious XXcross, the lower-caliber competitors may not have recognized it. And the only other sub-8 cubers there were Antoine and Kaijun. Kaijun uses Roux. And Antoine only does orange-red cross so the XXcross may have been on a different colour.
He did the cross in red. So, he might be colour neutral which gave him the advantage. Or he might have taken a risk with the red.
But he is also a sub 8 cuber. See his wca profile.

Ronxu

WCA
2010RONK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No way, unbelievable, should have been Jay, why wasn’t this me, should have been max, why, wow, first sub 4, scramble?, solution?, why T noodle why... are just some of my thoughts after seeing this
Should have been jay smh

GJ anyway!
am very sceptical, this doesn't add up in the slightest...
I think any sensible person would go for a double X-cross even if it wasnt their main color, so its still odd that NO ONE had a signifficantly better solve, even sur-10 cubers. However, given this, I unfortunately will have to accept the time as legit. For now at least.

Edit: Video went up after I started typing, Ill watch it now

Edit 2: The dude did like 10 moves total wtf
I want to believe it but I just can't. This HAS to have been a mis scramble. No way nobody else got anything good on this scramble but some guy gets a 3. What in the world... Just no...

let's hope he was and has a better video
for me, he kinda looks like he was turning the cube in inspection time. but still, the solve has no pauses, and even if it was fake, that's really cool.

I want to believe it but I just can't. This HAS to have been a mis scramble. No way nobody else got anything good on this scramble but some guy gets a 3. What in the world... Just no...

let's hope he was and has a better video
wow nice community

Sick solve, gratz for taking advantage of the scramble and not choking like many others would've.

Mr Cubism

Despite no HQ video of the solve, we have luck to have the overview movie. Imagine if there were no video fotage at all...

Huge congrats to an amazing solve!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yo this is so fast yo!!!!!!!

Just for fun here is the roux version of the recon.
Scramble: F U2 L2 B2 F' U L2 U R2 D2 L' B L2 B' R2 U2
Inspection: z y
1st block: U R2 U’ F’ L F’ U’ L’
2nd block: U’ R U R2’ U R U2 R’ U R
Cmll: U R’ U’ R U’ R’ U2 R U
LSE: Skip!

Congrats on the record!!! Getting lucky is not a crime!

There is nothing Roux about it. It has Petrus-ness, and his primary method is CFOP.