• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YouTube is Removing Cubing Videos

Phantom777

WCA
2015BELT03
Google believes that they have the control of everything. The Internet is a free place that you can do everything you want and don't disrespect the common rules of Internet. We can upload our cubing videos and We aren't disrespecting any of their rules.

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My videos that got removed all got reinstated. Yes both of them had scrambles in the description. Looks like they get picked up by an automated system, then when you appeal they get checked over manually a few of days later or something.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Google believes that they have the control of everything. The Internet is a free place that you can do everything you want and don't disrespect the common rules of Internet. We can upload our cubing videos and We aren't disrespecting any of their rules.

Google owns the servers and they can apply any arbitrary criteria they want to retain or delete what you upload.

darckhitet

Banned
I just log in to check my channel and see 20 videos are missing, received the exact same email.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

THEY WON'T OPPRESS US!

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
YouTube Removing My Video?

Hey guys
So I just got back from a camping trip, and I checked my email. One of those really stood out from YouTube, and here is what it said:

"
Hi RECuber,

The YouTube community flagged one or more of your videos as inappropriate. After reviewing the content, we’ve determined that the videos violate our Community Guidelines. As a result, we removed the following videos from YouTube:

"500 Subscriber Special!!! (LanLan Skewb Destruction)" (https://youtu.be/BVUedE-XR2o)
If a video contains violent or graphic content that appears to be posted in a shocking, sensational, or disrespectful manner, it's less likely to be allowed on YouTube. Harmful or dangerous content involving minors is particularly sensitive. If your video shows a minor participating in a harmful or dangerous activity, we ask that you don't post it. YouTube reviews content on a case by case basis and will make limited exceptions for appropriate educational, documentary, artistic, and scientific contexts. Learn more here.

Your account has received one Community Guidelines strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations could prevent you from posting content to YouTube or even lead to your account getting terminated."

This is sort of sad just because I uploaded that video and they removed it just like that. Its also sort of weird how they haven't removed LTCuber's, DerpyCuber's, my 2x2, or anybody else's destruction test but mine. And it's funny how people like TechRax are blowing up and shooting iPhones, yet I smash a Skewb and they remove it and give me a strike. It's stupid

What should I do? I love my channel and I don't want it to be terminated. And please don't leave hate comments down below for me destroying a cube. It was purely for your guyses entertainment
Thanks
-Riley

Egide

Premium Member
WCA
2011HIRW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys, my youtube channel just got a community guidelines strike after l uploaded a ZBLL video and l don't know how to dispute it. Now when l try to log in there's a message from youtube telling me about the strike and an "Aknowledge" button. Has any of you disputed such a strike?