• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YouTube is Removing Cubing Videos

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
This is what happens when people use proprietary services that are "free". At some point, they need to monetize the content and if the content can't be monetized, there's no reason for them to spend money on storing it for you.

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Another one of my videos have been removed. A clock average of 12 which I reuploaded, and two 3x3 averages of 12. All of these videos had scrambles in, so I removed scrambles from all the videos I don't have copies of. And now I have copies of all videos I give some remote care about.

If you guys want to add scrambles, I recommend you add them to the comments instead of the description, and actually put something wordy there, we'll see if this prevents removals.

Meshack

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm guessing YouTube is flagging the videos as having "large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content". If you post scrambles in the video description, especially for an average solve, you're bound to end up with what can be incorrectly interpreted as repetitive content; R2s, U2s...

Y'all can try raising a storm on Twitter with @YouTube.

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,

I talked to some people in YouTube policy about this. I can't go into too much detail, but the short answer is please appeal videos that have been taken down because of this. I believe you can do that from the video manager page (sorry, I don't know the details on where that button is; I don't really use youtube that much).

You shouldn't have to remove scrambles from video descriptions. If this continues to be a problem please continue to post videos that are taken down to this thread, I'll keep watching here. But please appeal videos, and tell others to do the same.

AJ Blair

WCA
2009BLAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,

I talked to some people in YouTube policy about this. I can't go into too much detail, but the short answer is please appeal videos that have been taken down because of this. I believe you can do that from the video manager page (sorry, I don't know the details on where that button is; I don't really use youtube that much).

You shouldn't have to remove scrambles from video descriptions. If this continues to be a problem please continue to post videos that are taken down to this thread, I'll keep watching here. But please appeal videos, and tell others to do the same.

You do it from the video manager. You just click the warning in the removed video and it sends you to the appeal page.

Thanks for communicating for us, Tim!

kirtpro

WCA
2010PROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice.

I checked my Video Manager.
Found that 3 videos have been taken down.
Just appealed, will say something if anything happens.

They were all average of 12's.
I'd say it supports the scrambles in description theory.