• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yau 6 and Yau 7

What methods do you use for big cubes?

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
For Yau 6 I do F2C, Cross plus an F2L Edge, put them on right bottom and right back, do centers, than I do 4 edges including one adjacent F2L edge to the already solved one, solve those two F2L slots in back, use the 2 open slots to solve the L3E, and solve like a 3x3

I have no 7x7 currently, but I would do F2C, Cross plus 2 adjacent F2L Edges, put them on right bottom, right front, and and right back, do centers, than I would do any 4 edges, solve two adjacent F2L edges with their slots in back, use the 2 open slots to solve the L2E, and solve like a 3x3

goodish for 6x6 badish for 7c7

Ostrich001

I think Ciarán Beahan proves that Yau on 6 and 7 works and can be world class, but then Kevin, Max and Feliks all use redux so I think you could say they are both viable

YouTube
Visit Channel
Jesus, that sounds like doing loads of slice moves in L4C for no good reason. How fast are you with Yau versus Yau5 versus your method versus reduction?
IDK, I am really bad at 6x6 only done like 5 timed solves
I got a 4:59 in comp using my method on my Aoshi GTSM
I can do a bunch of 6x6 today though
Mean of 3
Redux: 6:21.682
Yau 4: 5:45.066
Yau 5: 5:38.642

Last edited: