• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Marcel Peters 19 moves, FMC

TheDubDubJr

Cupcake
WCA
2011WELC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd consider the premove as NISS :p

he also used NISS but the better continuation just happened to be on normal for the majority of the solution

I wouldn't. Thats just understanding Pseudo Blocks and how to add premoves for that.

Normal Inverse Scramble Switch is more using your progress to completely switch from Normal to Inverse and vise versa.

Obviously switching after those first 5 moves will lead you to finding the 2move more to 2x2x3 but I found it more as directly just adding the premoves to solve the 2move Pseudo 2x2x3.

Last edited:

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
I figured out that after the first 5 moves switching the scramble (NISS) will get you more easily to that 16 move L3C.
And no corner-insertion is needed, just solve 3 corners subsequently and 5 moves cancel automatically .....
I wonder why no other competitor found this 19 move beauty..
(Sorry Marcel)

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I figured out that after the first 5 moves switching the scramble (NISS) will get you more easily to that 16 move L3C.
And no corner-insertion is needed, just solve 3 corners subsequently and 5 moves cancel automatically .....
(Sorry Marcel)

I don't understand how you don't currently have any FMC WRs, Guus xD

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
(Sorry Marcel)

The old question: "Why didn't I see this?"

No other question has worked better to torture good FMCers in the history of the WCA. ;)

Marcel P

WCA
2012PETE03
(Sorry Marcel)

After I saw that an L Move on the Inverse creates a pseudo 1x2x3 block I switched to the normal scramble. Then my first linear solution was the 16 Move skeleton. I decided to insert the corners before switching again after the first 5 Moves.

When I was at home after the competition I looked again on my solution and found this 20 Move Solution with a similar start. Seems to be a very potential scramble:

Premove F' (1/1)
F2 L2 $ F' U F' U2 (6/7) - 2x2x3 + blocks
D L' D' (3/10) - EO
L' B L' B' L2 B2 (6/16) - L3E
$ = L2 F2 R2 U R2 F2 L2 D (8-4/20)

Solution: R2 U R2 F2 L2 D F' U F' U2 D L' D' L' B L' B' L2 B2 F' (20 Moves)