• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

World Championships 2013 - Las Vegas

Riley

WCA
2007WOOR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Five people have now attended six World Championships, more than anyone else in the world. Can you name them?

You, Tyson, Ron, Francois (sorry if I spelled that wrong). I can't think of the last (and don't even know if my first 4 are correct).

Edit: Not Francois...
Edit 2: Not you either...
Edit 3: Not Tyson either...

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried to do this without editing, BUT WHO IS THE LAST PERSON?

Five people have now attended six World Championships, more than anyone else in the world. Can you name them?

Lars Petrus [WC 1982, 2003-07, 2011, 2013]
Lars Vandenbergh [WC 2003 - 2013]
Ron van Bruchem [WC 2003 - 2013]
Chris Hardwick [WC 2003 - 2013]

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Thank you! Wanna share a cookie?

To everyone else:

There have only been 7 World Championships, so anyone who wasn't at the first one in 1982 needed to be attend all of them from 2003 to now.
Hence why Tyson, Bob, Shelley, Macky, etc. don't qualify for the 6/7 club.

Bob, Adam and I have 5/7. Not sure who else.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rowe, you were drunk as a skunk, and kept yelling throughout the finals. If that's not distruptive then I don't know what is.

No one in our skybox was disruptive during the competitor's solving or any time remotely close to when inspection began. Sure, we were being fools, but we didn't mind people from down below looking up and laughing at us. We wanted to show our respect, support and adulation of the pheomenal cubers who, after 3 rounds, earned the right to call themselves the top 16 competitors out of nearly 600. I hope they enjoyed the moment and felt like rock stars because while they were up there solving they were rock stars to us. #ourskyboxhadmorefunthanyourskybox

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't get me wrong... I did think it was funny. But there was just too much at stake on the stage for that type of funny. Something like that could be very distracting during inspection. What if he figures out fewer moves during inspection because people are laughing?

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to justify the incident, just clarifying what happened.