• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

World Championships 2013 - Las Vegas

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. There are way more people signed up than we can fit in the side rooms unless we split into at least 3 groups.

We're going to ask everyone who's not competing in Fewest Moves to leave when it starts, since there won't be any other events going on at that time.

TeddyKGB

WCA
2012DELI01
The Registration website said I need to do 2 things to complete my registration, pay, Which I did and confirm my email by clicking the link in the email, but there is no clickable link in the email and my name is on the competitor list. Am I Registered or what?

flee135

WCA
2008LEEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There's one more month until the competition, and it'd be nice to have more people participating in all the post-competition events, especially the talent show and the mosaics competition. The more the merrier!

The detailed schedule of these events is here: http://www.cubingusa.com/wc2013/schedule.php

If you missed the registration for these events, here they are:
Unofficial competition - http://www.cubingusa.com/wc2013/register_unofficial.php
Talent show/mosaics/head-to-head - http://www.cubingusa.com/wc2013/register_talent_h2h.php

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unofficial registration does not close on July 1.

If you registered with a CubingUSA account, you can alter it on the website in the registration tab. Otherwise, fill out the contact form on the website with what events you want to change and we'll send you a paypal link for the added events.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow. 525 people registered, and there's still a few days left. That's insane.

What amazes me is the number of people for some of the normally less-participated-in events.

111 people for multiBLD!?!
57 people for 5x5x5 BLD!?!

It occurs to me that multi is going to be quite a challenge to run. Probably the only thing keeping it manageable is that a number of people will probably just do 2 or 3 or 4 cubes; if everyone went for the whole hour, I suspect they'd have to change the schedule.

Also, 202 for 3x3x3 BLD. It's nice that 3x3x3 BLD has become so mainstream that 40% of the people are now participating. (It was just a little above 25% in 2009 and 2011.)