• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

who else is scared of cubing in public?

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
I mean i attract the lil kids to come take a look, who knows i might have inspired the next max park or something to start cubing. It doesn't hurt to get a few stares. If you are scared of judgemental people, shouldn't you be scared of comps? In comps people actually know what you're doing...

Hazel

Premium Member
I mean i attract the lil kids to come take a look, who knows i might have inspired the next max park or something to start cubing. It doesn't hurt to get a few stares. If you are scared of judgemental people, shouldn't you be scared of comps? In comps people actually know what you're doing...
I think the issue is that many people will come up to you and start talking to you and asking you things when you might just not want that kind of attention right then.

GAN 356 X

Im paranoid of it too... being not much of a social person (my face buried in a cube or my computer most days) I hate it when people come over and ask non-cuber questions. Still, it can be a good thing, as I got my friend iwannaganx into cubing. I think my greatest fear though is when they ask for a go, and try to mimic my turn speed.
I think the issue is that many people will come up to you and start talking to you and asking you things when you might just not want that kind of attention right then.
What Aerma said was basically what I was getting at, but a bit more

MarkA64

Yeah definitely feels kinda weird, almost like smoking or something lol.

Mischiiii

Nope. I don’t mind cubing in public. I cube at work everyday and if i need to wait somewhere i always have a cube at hand. Sometimes people talk about but thats it. It’s better that looking at the phone all the time.

LNBFilms

In Honours Agebra I (Sucks just like Chem) DND!
WCA
2019BATE05
Well take it like this, if you go to any competition for tubing, it is considered cubing in public. So, yeah. That is a lot worse too.

---------------------------------------
Co-Founder of WeCubeTeam
Lukas Batema

GAN 356 X

I think the main problem for me is when they ask stereotypical non cuber questions like 'how can you do it w/o looking' when I;m doing a j perm or something and I don't know how to answer so I get all self conscious and try to think of a reply.

Mischiiii

I think the main problem for me is when they ask stereotypical non cuber questions like 'how can you do it w/o looking' when I;m doing a j perm or something and I don't know how to answer so I get all self conscious and try to think of a reply.

Got the same question from a co worker. I always talk to them while cubing and when im doing oll or pll. So sometimes they think i can do it blind. But I’m always happy when i can explain something about my hobby.

Mischiiii

Agreed, except when I get bullied at school for it.

Co-Founder of WeCubeTeam
Lukas Batema

Yeah that’s not good. I’m happy that I’m already 28 and don’t have to deal with thia kind of childish behavior some teens have.