• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who are some of the best/famous female speedcubers?

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And their rough average times? I am interested since Jessica Fridrich came out with a popular method and is a female.

I am male btw :fp.

I wonder... was a woman the person who developed Fridrich method?

Well, Shes a woman now...

Ya she probably developed the method as a GIRL :eek:.

Well err... no

It's actually quite true. At 17, Jessica Fridrich used her system to compete in the 1982 World Championships (Lars Petrus was there) and win the Czech Championships.
Enough with the mystery. Let me make it clear:
It's actually quite untrue. At 17, Jiri Fridrich used his system to compete in the 1982 World Championships (Lars Petrus was there) and win the Czech Championships. It took a couple of years for Jiri to become Jessica

But I really don't understand the "fastest women" obsession. Speedcubing is a sport where age, gender, physical appearance and many other factors are basically unimportant.

It would be much more interesting to find out other things besides gender:
Could somebody provide me with a list of the fastest people that use a
-Non-standard colorscheme
-Non-Fridrich based method

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would be much more interesting to find out other things besides gender:
Could somebody provide me with a list of the fastest people that use a
-Non-standard colorscheme
-Non-Fridrich based method

Of the top 100 for 3x3 average:

Tomasz Zolnowski: f2l on left
Mats Valk: blue cross
Rowe: Colour Neutral
Timothy Sun: Purple instead of Orange
Feliks: Colour Neutral
(John Tamanas: Green cross I think?)
Robert Yau: Colour Neutral
Justin Adsuara: MGLS
Lucas Garron: " "

Is it Ravi Fernando who uses Roux?
I don't consider the Japanese Colour Scheme to be non-standard (plus there's loads of them there who use it :p)

Other people I know of who use weird colour schemes: Sarah Strong (yellow and orange swapped, then orange swapped with purple), Joshua Li (like Tim Sun).
Fastest people with other methods: Johannes Laire (Petrus), Mateusz Kurek (ZZ), Francois (fastest guy with CF?). This is just from my head though, I haven't checked anything.

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
Enough with the mystery. Let me make it clear:
It's actually quite untrue. At 17, Jiri Fridrich used his system to compete in the 1982 World Championships (Lars Petrus was there) and win the Czech Championships. It took a couple of years for Jiri to become Jessica
Again Wrong!

Fridrich did not use the Fridrich system in 1982. Only parts of it
It was developed after the WC1982.

But I was using Fridrich for F2L already at WC1982! In the Netherlands it was already known as the Dockhorn-Treep system (Anneke Treep was a girl!) and the F2L-part of it was developed by ducthmen Renee Schoof.

At WC1982 Fridrich propably learned some tricks from me.

Gus

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
Not that awesome but I am female yes.

My favorite female cubers : Charlie " THE "Cooper, Karoline Wiacek, Ayano "Maria"Yoshida, Nóra Szepes, Beatrice Gloe, Sarah "Very"Strong, Camilla Nielsson Michelle Nataniel Yugie ( Top multi bld female in this World) :D Maybe they are not the fastest female cuber's but They are so lovely, warm and funny and also sexy hihihihihihihhi

I <3 them forever.