• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which type or brand of square-1 is the best?

Neutrals01

WCA
2009JOON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I searched the forum about square-1..but couldn't find any thread relating of which square-1 is best fit for speed.. really sorry if there is one...

So, I am planning to buy a square-1... but I do not have much info on it, and I want to get the best speed square-1(because don't want to regret again, last time got rubik's 2x2, wasted my money). Any suggestions on which type or brand of square-1 is the best? Thanks for helping~ :rolleyes:

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
I got two square-1 from c4y: first the cheap one (very bad at first, gets better after lubing but still not really great), then the black one (good).

Neutrals01

WCA
2009JOON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hmm..is the black square-1 from c4y counted a diy square-1? /because I checked c4y and only the red and green one have a bracket behind writing (diy), but the black and white square-1 do not have the diy word behind..

sorry, just trying to have confirmation before getting one..

Last edited:

Bounb

I have a DIY from C4Y and an original Irwin that I got fairly cheap on eBay. The DIY is good at cutting corners and the 180 degree slicing turn is good but the layers don't turn too well (this is due to a flaw in the design in my opinion) - still perfectly acceptable. The original Irwin is great, all planes very smooth, cuts corners less well than the DIY though.

all from cube4you are DIY
it's MF8 brand

MF8 plastic is a bit rought right outside the box
but try lube it with CRC or jig-a-loo
it will be smooth and very fast
this happen with the MF8 Megaminx too