• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

purefourmula

Interesting color scheme and quintet of posts. I do think the shades look quite nice though. Hard to not look at that hamburger and smile...

here https://i.pinimg.com/originals/de/6f/43/de6f436e9d367681e5e06da72bd594a6.jpg

i redid the logo in to the prizm light color order i like red r for r being the word red....

i think i am going to try 2 more kits uzing the liquid version of the dye in a pot of boiling water....almost boiling....maybe the microwave melted the pieces edges.....maybe the liquid dye iz less spotty....az the color iz darker in some area....i have to buy a pot for it and dye and a tea bad holder that can hold all the pieces with room to spare....

munch

Attachments

• cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0001.png
    cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0001.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 0
  • cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0002.png
    cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0002.png
  • cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0004.png
    cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0004.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 0
  • cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0003.png
    cube_rubiks_logo_my_version_refraction_order_0003.png

purefourmula

i tried a low boil....it did not do any thing it seem the microwave seems to have some effect to put the dye on the part....be warn the microwave will have purple dye spots if not cleaned good

MohamadAA

I am new to cubing(not really as I avarage 18.xxs). anyway I ordered once from lightake about 15 days ago (still didn't arrive), and I am planning to buy some puzzles from there. But people say that shipping times are faster if you order from the USA warehouse not from the china one. But my first order was from china. Is it possible to change the buying warehouse?

By the way, here are the cubes I am planning to buy so you can give your thoughts:

Thunderclap 4x4 stickerless (not the mini one)

Yuxin little magic 2x2 black

Yuxin little magic sq1 stickerless

If you were wondering this is my first time practicing any of these puzzles as I only have a 3x3

Last edited:
Z

Zubin Park

I would suggest buying the little magic M for 2x2. Thunderclap 4x4 is ok, but I'm not sure if the MS 4x4 is better...

MohamadAA

Just to let you know that this thread will be removed by a moderator as you have to pay to have threads in this section, I suggest you ask lightake directly on their thread.
I don't quite understand what you said but bananas.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am new to cubing(not really as I avarage 18.xxs). anyway I ordered once from lightake about 15 days ago (still didn't arrive), and I am planning to buy some puzzles from there. But people say that shipping times are faster if you order from the USA warehouse not from the china one. But my first order was from china. Is it possible to change the buying warehouse?

On their site, click the tab for the "US Warehouse" as I've highlighted below:

1594335582479.png

By the way, here are the cubes I am planning to buy so you can give your thoughts:

Don't get these. Get some of the recent magnetic ones from YJ or Mofang Jiaoshi - Yusu v2m, Meilong M, etc.

Lightake.com

YouTube
Visit Channel

If you were wondering this is my first time practicing any of these puzzles as I only have a 3x3
May i know your order number? If you choose express shipping on lightake site, we promise 5-10 working days to be delivered.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel

Like @Tabe said, most of these are outdated. The YLM square-1 is still a fantastic puzzle though, but please spend the extra few bucks to get a magnetic one since its much better than the non-magnetic version. If you must get the Thunderclap 4x4, the mini one is better. For 4x4 I would recommend the Meilong M 4x4 since it has seen wide use in competition and has performance close to flagships like the Valk and GTS2. For 2x2 I would get the MGC v1 or Yupo v2. The MGC v1 is a better puzzle but if you can't afford it the Yupo v2 is still an excellent choice.