• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What was your first Gan Cube

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The first one with the octopus core. I got it for free since lightake spend some out for reviews. They had werid requirements. Like at least 700 posts on here.

I got a gan air at nz nats 2016 with store credit for free too. And a heavily discounted gan pyra too back at my first comp after the big break back in October.

jdh3000

The cube sucked. I could have bought a much better cube for the $23 dollars I spent(Amazon prices)

I just bought an RS but sent it back because it couldn't be tensioned tight enough... It was so loose it felf like it could fall apart.

I ordered another 356 M which now didn't cost much more.

BTW my first was the 354 M. Great cube, never could get used to the size, but works well for OH.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I'm not saying if you main a Gan cube your bad at cubing, but some people that average like 3 minutes Gan cubes, and they must not do much research and be like "OOOOO! Feliks mains this cube so it must be the best!!!!!!" You can get arguably better cubes for cheaper. Gan is like apple, they change nothing, release a new cube and call it revolutionary. Because people have brand loyalty, they buy the same thing for a higher price.
To be honest GAN have done more innovation that most other producers, who in truth have copied what GAN has done. To say that they change nothing is a little disingenuous and simply not true at all. If you can't afford their cubes simply say so, but to blanketly state rubbish to make yourself seem important smacks of jealousy.

Arguing that there are better cubes is purely subjective, as I would argue that there is no better cube right now than the GAN11 .... IMO

It's fine to liken GAN to Apple, however I also think you are wrong there and Tingman made a compelling argument why that is not the case.

Lastly I happen to be able to afford GAN cubes. I like GAN cubes, and have been using them for over 4 years. Why ? because I love the feel ... simple really ... nothing to do with the premium price. Do I wish they were cheaper ... of course. Do I think they are over priced .... yes. Will I continue to buy GAN cubes ... yes, until I don't like their feeling anymore or something that I think is better comes along.

As much as you call out the GAN fan-boys, you seem to be a GAN hater .... which to me says more about you than the people you are calling out ??

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
To be honest GAN have done more innovation that most other producers, who in truth have copied what GAN has done. To say that they change nothing is a little disingenuous and simply not true at all. If you can't afford their cubes simply say so, but to blanketly state rubbish to make yourself seem important smacks of jealousy.
other producers didnt copy gan, this is untrue. They havent done much innovation on what their cube looks like, and they all seem to like the same, the only difference really being inside as far as i can tell.

E

ExplosiveCubing

I'm not saying if you main a Gan cube your bad at cubing, but some people that average like 3 minutes Gan cubes, and they must not do much research and be like "OOOOO! Feliks mains this cube so it must be the best!!!!!!" You can get arguably better cubes for cheaper. Gan is like apple, they change nothing, release a new cube and call it revolutionary. Because people have brand loyalty, they buy the same thing for a higher price.
Lol a gan 356 air. Why I did not get magnetic idk.

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
you can't just say that and then not explain

But I did :)

I feel like people should be self-aware enough to not post things as facts when they have no evidence. Saying things like "they all copied the dayan guhong!" is categorically wrong (even with the "maybe").

Saying "company X has copied company Y" or "company X has done more innovation than company Y" is a strong statement to make and I would personally refrain from that type of language unless I knew exactly what I was talking about.