• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What times make you good?

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
Wuts a rubix cube? - anything under 10 min
How can you guys do it so fast? - slower than a minute
Oh there's actually advanced methods - 40-60 sec
ZOMGZ Fridrich!!! - 25-40
Oh the correct name is CFOP.... - 20-25
Look at me I'm so fast / I'm stuck, please help me - 17-20
So you actually have to learn all OLL's? - 15-17
Cool, I might make it into finals of comps! - 13-15
:( just can't make it into the top - 12 - 13
Damn those fast guys keep stealing my podium place - 11
Maybe I should change some PLL algs... world class - 10
YESS Sub-10 I matter now top 25 - in the world - 9
Gah n00bs should stop asking what cube I use... - 8 and faster

hahahaha I lol'd

Zbox95

I don't really see the point with this thread, from a non-cubers point of view (friends to a cuber maybe) they would consider a time sub-1min to be incredibly fast! And from a speedcuber a time like that would be a snail compared to other cubers.

And everyone keeps forgetting this: Cubing is about having fun, to have an unusual hobby that you just do because you like it.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really see the point with this thread, from a non-cubers point of view (friends to a cuber maybe) they would consider a time sub-1min to be incredibly fast! And from a speedcuber a time like that would be a snail compared to other cubers.

And everyone keeps forgetting this: Cubing is about having fun, to have an unusual hobby that you just do because you like it.

I think that all you need to do to see the point of this thread is to look at the title. It's simply asking for opinions. So, from NC's view, of course we're all geniuses. However, we're not asking the NCs. We're asking cubers.

Well, you're completely missing the point. Look at the title: " 3x3x3: How fast do you consider beginner / intermediate / advanced / expert etc?"

Keyword there. It's just all opinions for the fun of it, and it's not a standardized system. And do you actually think this is going out to NonCubers or something?!

I think you're taking this way too seriously.

Edit: Ninja'd by JonnyWhoopes.

G

Georgeanderre

Well, you're completely missing the point. Look at the title: " 3x3x3: How fast do you consider beginner / intermediate / advanced / expert etc?"

Keyword there. It's just all opinions for the fun of it, and it's not a standardized system. And do you actually think this is going out to NonCubers or something?!

I think you're taking this way too seriously.

Edit: Ninja'd by JonnyWhoopes.

What they said, next time try and read the description before posting ...?

Florian

WCA
2010KREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like Cameron

1:00+ - Very Beginner
35-1:00 - Beginner
25-35 - Okay
20-25 - Moderate
17-20 - Fairly Good
14-17 - Advanced
12-14 - Very Fast
10-12 - Super Fast
8-10 - INSANE
Sub 8 - Faz

Puts me in general to Veryfast of 5 to super fast and single to faz

maggot

2:00+ beginner
sub 12 accomplished

everything in between is personal preference. for all the "slow" speedcubers out there, sup 30 is definately not "slow". there is however, a considerable difference in the knowledge and ability of a sub 10 solver, but it is not slow. dont be discouraged by this thread!

Jungleterrain

If you use the beginner's method and average a little less than 20 seconds (I assume it's very possible with high tps and good beginner's method lookahead [if there is such a thing]), then are you considered intermediate or advanced based on people's time charts? Maybe it would make more sense if mastery of the cube was based on the understanding of the workings of the cubes, algorithms, commutators, methods, etc. in combination with time measurements.

Jilvin

Beginner: >1 minute
Intermediate: >30 sec, <1 minute
Advanced: >15 sec, <30 sec
Expert:<15 sec
Ultralord: Zemdegs, Hessler, Akkersdijk... etc....

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In my opinion:
Supa beginner: 1 minute and above
Beginner: sub-50
You need to work on your blocks young man: sub-40
Not bad: sub-30
Pretty good: sub-25
Kind of expert: sub-20