• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What puzzle do you think the WCA should add next?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Let's go through this, then.

To memorize
1. How to build the face
2. Which alg to do
3. AUF
4. 199 more cubes
5. The order of all this

Right off, you're talking about a face as first step. Not all methods have to do that. But ok, let's assume this method.

1. I imagine you can reduce that to initial cube rotation (don't need to remember) plus up to four <R,U,F> moves. Can be memorized in one image.
2. Can be memorized in one image.
3. Doesn't have to be memorized, you can arrange the cubes on the table in four groups corresponding to the four AUFs. If not allowed, it can be encoded together with step 2 in one image.
4. -
5. This just shows you're not familiar with memory techniques. I recommend you at least learn about the loci method. You pretty much get the order for free.

That would be two images for each cube, 400 images total. That can be memorized in half an hour. So I don't know why you're talking about memory when it's just 10% of the let's say five hours we're talking about. You should be focusing on the analysis/planning of solves if you want to convince anyone that it's not possible to do this.

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh and also this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2eZuKRmu6E

That is nowhere near relevant to big (20+ cubes) 2x2 multiBLD though, as I didn't use any proper memory method, I just remembered the solutions I thought of for each cube.

Lol I know a few cubes is definitely possible as you showed there. But I mean you can be the best person in the world at one looking solves (you, Chris, Jay, etc), but I'm pretty sure you couldn't do it the way you did in that video with say 10 cubes, or 20 cubes, etc. however, that is impressive ;)

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
To memorize
1. How to build the face
2. Which alg to do
3. AUF
4. 199 more cubes
5. The order of all this

I'd be surprised if this could be done in two hours.

I think that would be doable, maybe not in 2 hours but in a few hours...
One cube would only need 2 objects really. One for how to build a face and second for what alg to do + what auf.

For a face you could just just remember where the stickers of the face color are and have a preset order and method to build the face, so you dont have to remember the actual moves, just the places of 3 stickers. --> 3 letters

And for the restof the solve you have 127(IIRC, but something like that) algs for different cases and 4 different aufs --> 4*127 = 508 --> 2 letters

so 5 letters per cube

5*200 = 1000 letters for 200 cubes

Maskows 40/40 MBLD WR has 40cubes and average of 20 letters per cube for bld is normal so 40*20=800 letters in an hour...

So actually after thinking this through, I would say it's doable in 2 hours if someone would put enough practise in it

Amir Nafisi

WCA
2012NAFI01
What should be the next official event?

Hi, After added Skewb to official event a lots of cubers were interesting it and practicing it, In a months ago we faced broken Skewb records for several time.I think reason of it : easy to learn and actually and everyone easily can have sub 20.
I think puzzles that can solves & learn easy is a good choose for WCA events, I make a poll only for know cubers opinions. Participate in poll, please.

BoBoGuy

Definitely 15puzl. Now more people are speedsliding and it is getting popular.

(inb4 ben1996123 gets WR single and avg)

szalejot

WCA
2015HERM01
I think now we have so many legal competitions, that is hard to make tournament that covers all of them. Usually there are some missing.
In my opinion: we can cancel OH and feet and get something bigger instead (like gigaminx).

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why were Rubik's Magic and Master Magic removed and is there any chance if them coming back.
The magic events were removed because neither are real 'puzzles' and just require performing the same sequence of moves each and every time and it was kind of hard to regulate them. They most likely will not come back because Skewb kind of replaced them.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The magic events were removed because neither are real 'puzzles' and just require performing the same sequence of moves each and every time and it was kind of hard to regulate them. They most likely will not come back because Skewb kind of replaced them.
I agree they won't come back, but I don't think Skewb replaced them, they were not puzzles, let alone cubes, and Skewb has been popular for a while.