• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What puzzle do you think the WCA should add next?

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
I know that the community is excited since the announcement that Skweb will be official from January, and I know that there has been an appetite for this change for some time.

My question is this: what puzzle would you like to see next? There is a vast amount of twisty puzzles out there. Are there any front-runners which could potentially be considered for official-ness?

Axis cube? Super Square-1? Fisher cube? Octagon barrel? Gear cube? Some sort of cuboid?

What other puzzles are people enjoying speedsolving?

(For the purposes of this discussion, I think it's pretty safe to assume that puzzles of higher order than 7x7x7 or 5BLD are unlikely to be added any time soon; also I'm hoping this won't turn into a thread about removal of puzzles)

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You say we shouldn't consider a higher order of BLD than 5BLD (6, 7, etc.). With that taken into account, I would like to see 5x5 multi blind added as an official event.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Since you said "What puzzle" and not "What event", for me 332 would definitely be the best pick. Fast, easy to scramble, and significantly different from current official puzzles.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
(For the purposes of this discussion, I think it's pretty safe to assume that puzzles of higher order than 7x7x7 or 5BLD are unlikely to be added any time soon; also I'm hoping this won't turn into a thread about removal of puzzles)
It's also safe to assume that puzzles that are solved just like a 3x3x3 or are OH versions of current official events, are very unlikely to be added.

mycube

WCA
2011FRES01
You say we shouldn't consider a higher order of BLD than 5BLD (6, 7, etc.). With that taken into account, I would like to see 5x5 multi blind added as an official event.

yay discussion about 1/2 (5bld)multi -> DNF or already a 5bld multi-success? it's just one of them solved and not a multiple-success :p

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Note that we don't keep a queue of things to add "next". However, if there is an event with sufficient community interest that is worth adding (because it's interesting enough and also practical to hold), the WRC can propose it to the Board.

Almost none of the suggestions that usually come up in threads like this have any chance of becoming official events.
Skewb has always been the most reasonable candidate, but it's now no longer a subject of these threads. ;-)

I personally want to see speed BLD, but unfortunately there isn't enough interest from cubers at home.

Some WRC members are very interested in Team BLD; it adds something interesting, but there are logistical problems.

Special events (OH/BLD) are pretty much only for 3x3x3, with the exception of big cube BLD. I don't see a reason why that would change any time soon.
Perhaps something like 3x3x2 or Mirror Blocks would be interesting, but they feel more like curious variants than true "events".

But never say never, eh? ;-)
It's completely up to community interest. If you care about an event, make it a legitimate pursuit. :)

Last edited: