• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is your BLD method?

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Hi Peter...

I use Stefan Pochmann's method as well.. My best time is 2:20.91.

However, that best time was done with a small adjustment of his method. I solved the edges in three cycles, mostly.

I am working on learning a '3-cycle' method for BLD. Not by first fixing the orientation first, but Pochmann Style... I believe this can be done for both edges and corners. Maybe I'll make a page about it some day...

I wonder if more members are interested in this subject :)

Bye!

Jo?l.

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Originally posted by PJK@Mar 19 2006, 11:32 PM
Can you guys send me a link to that method? I would be interested in learning. Thanks
Pat
Sure Patrick. The method is here.

Some people find it confusing... Especially if you have never seen another BLD method before, and have little cubing experience, it's quite confusing I must say. If you need help, just ask in this forum.

Good luck,

Jo?l.

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Originally posted by Scott@Mar 20 2006, 01:21 AM
Guys, im tempted to learn BLD. How hard is it?
Well, Scott, how hard is it to learn how to solve a cube? Not hard, right? But it did take you some time to get the hang of it!

The same thing applies to blindfold cubing. You will have to put some effort into learning it.. But once you get the hang of it, it's not really that hard... Ok, it's a bit harder than normal cubing, because it takes more from the brain. But the brain will get used to it.

- Jo?l.

UberStuber

WCA
2005STUB01
Originally posted by Jo?l@Mar 19 2006, 11:28 PM
Hi Peter...

However, that best time was done with a small adjustment of his method. I solved the edges in three cycles, mostly.

I am working on learning a '3-cycle' method for BLD. Not by first fixing the orientation first, but Pochmann Style... I believe this can be done for both edges and corners. Maybe I'll make a page about it some day...

Bye!

Jo?l.
Do you just use RL'UR'U'LR'FRF' and its varients for this? I tried this about a month ago and could barely do it with my eyes open :blink:
The set up moves are a pain, and I don't even want to think about doing it for corners.
Maybe you have an easier way of doing it?

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Originally posted by UberStuber+Apr 1 2006, 06:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UberStuber @ Apr 1 2006, 06:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jo?l@Mar 19 2006, 11:28 PM
Hi Peter...

Bye!

Jo?l.
Do you just use RL'UR'U'LR'FRF' and its varients for this? I tried this about a month ago and could barely do it with my eyes open :blink:
The set up moves are a pain, and I don't even want to think about doing it for corners.
Maybe you have an easier way of doing it? [/b][/quote]
I use all kinds of algorithms that cycle three edges. That alg is one of the examples... But I believe RUR'U' r R'URU' r' has the same result as that alg you gave.

Cubefactor

I use the cycles method, though I'm not that good -yet-. Best time is 6:20. Anyone else in here use the PAO method? Peg System? Any special memory techniques. PAO has been a blessing for my memorization time.

-Richard "The Yellow Dart" Patterson