• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What does your username mean?

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ROT23 makes it xbojx which is too similar to xbox to be a coincidence
Of course the hint was that the M in aerma is the 13th letter of the alfabet and normally you use ROT13 not ROT23. But the M in ROT23 becomes a J which is the 10th letter of the alfabet and 10+13=23 so it all makes sense!
(changes his official title to master-cryptographer)

Thom S.

Aerma - it's secret

You are secretly a football fan but you once tried to register yourself as Arema, your favourite team. This username was taken so you went with Aerma, as this implies you like air and hides your love for football.
Guys, we can go home now. I found the solution

Hazel

Premium Member
You are secretly a football fan but you once tried to register yourself as Arema, your favourite team. This username was taken so you went with Aerma, as this implies you like air and hides your love for football.
Guys, we can go home now. I found the solution
Good guess! Too bad I don't like football, secretly or otherwise :)

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
abunickabhi is the name given by my friend in 8th grade.

He wanted to give a name that sounded non-gamer's name,
had some lameness in it.

and fun to pronounce.

So, abunickabhi has been sticking around in my online imprint for 11 years now, yay!

CubicOreo

I did not name myself this because I like Oreos. In fact, I’m rather indifferent about them. I shall explain.

So, back in elementary school, I had two friends that I rode with on the bus. One time we were talking, and they caught a whiff of my breath. Evidently, it smelled very bad as they reeled back in disgust and exclaimed, “Ugh, dude, what did you eat?!” (I wasn’t very effective at brushing my teeth back then)

I told them that I had cereal, but either they misheard me or they were just playing with me, because they thought I said Oreos. So, they started calling me Oreoman and claimed I ate a whole pack of those cookies every day for breakfast throughout the rest of the year. Back then this nickname really annoyed me, but now it’s just a fun memory of the past that I decided to incorporate into this forum name of mine.

To this day, I still have no clue whether they really misheard me or if they were just poking fun (it was probably both now that I think about it).

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm a bridge engineer and my name is Brian. I assume the name also makes me stand out as one of the older guys on the forums (i previously had a different account here but lost access to the email and forgot what my username was as the years passed).

Maybe i should have chose something more cubing related but i really enjoy my engineering focused life that allows me to embrace all my nerdness and goofy ways. I don't wear "engineer" as a status symbol or humble brag opportunity but as a way of describing how my brain works and how i view the world. I truly can't imagine being happy having pursued other forms of education or spending the work week any other way, i go to work and satisfy my curiosity, it truly isn't work it's just Brian doing Brian things. I see Newtonian mechanics and the applications of statics and mechanics of materials everywhere i go...I'm the guy constantly looking up at the ceiling and marveling over structural framing when visiting new places and pulling over on the side of the road to take photos of bridges or check out their structural connections etc...